Park Area Announcement

JoeyT

Just now, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Had a professional encounter with Professor Roberts in which she acted like a TOTAL FUCKING WEAPON. Shouldn't really talk about it on a public forum tho, I'll save it for the meet.

Ahhhhhhhhhh, no!

Eeeeesh. Yeah, tell me then - I'll have to know now.

Never meet your heroes and all that. I queued as a youngster to meet Morrissey and look how the fuck that turned out.

Although James Corden's utter roasting on a Reddit AMA the other night was glorious.

19 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Wow Fontaines DC in the rabbit hole and people thought Leftfield would be busy. Glad to see Soak and Mattiel on the bill. 

In terms of artists this is the number 1 reason I'm gutted to be missing out. 

2 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

In terms of artists this is the number 1 reason I'm gutted to be missing out. 

Sorry mate. This year is a strange one for me not many OMG artists but the majority of the line up I would like to see. If it was a football team it'd be no real superstars but real strength in depth. So many clashes to think about already. You're braver than me though not sure I'd be able to keep browsing through line up's etc if I wasn't going. Have you entered any comps?

2 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Had a professional encounter with Professor Roberts in which she acted like a TOTAL FUCKING WEAPON. Shouldn't really talk about it on a public forum tho, I'll save it for the meet.

Wow, surprised. And nobody uses that term lightly do they.

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Hoping for a good few things on the JP.

Sports Team & The Blinders would be nice.

There are a lack of live acts I want to see this year. Hoping the Other & Pyramid lob up the odd surprise too.

Sports Team are down for Williams Green - guess they could yet do both though.

9 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Just noticed the complete lack of Young fathers and I was hoping they would be on this poster. Hope they are at least on the big reveal somewhere. 

Are they active over the summer? I cannot recall them being announced elsewhere? They were on my list as I’ve not seen them since the last album was released.

4 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Are they active over the summer? I cannot recall them being announced elsewhere? They were on my list as I’ve not seen them since the last album was released.

They don't seem to have any shows booked in other than a festival in Boston this weekend. This is just a one off show though- their first since March so could mean they are doing some other festivals (probably just hoping)

1 hour ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Wow, surprised. And nobody uses that term lightly do they.

Maybe he just meant that she was really super out of control drunk, and gave the impression of doing that regularly 

Either way, cannot wait to hear this story!

Edited by Sasperella
  • Upvote 1

Has it been confirmed that Rex Osage County is headlining Park? Cos at first I thought TGTBTQ might be a line below cos it was too long a name for the top line, but then did a 180, now I’ve done another 180 because TGTBWTGDUXH really do seem too big to be on before yer man Rex.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Has it been confirmed that Rex Osage County is headlining Park? Cos at first I thought TGTBTQ might be a line below cos it was too long a name for the top line, but then did a 180, now I’ve done another 180 because TGTBWTGDUXH really do seem too big to be on before yer man Rex.

Some groups have bigger egos etc. Maybe Damon wants to watch either Janelle or The Cure (he's another one who can't decide!) so wanted to be off in time to leg it over to his choice. 

3 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Some groups have bigger egos etc. Maybe Damon wants to watch either Janelle or The Cure (he's another one who can't decide!) so wanted to be off in time to leg it over to his choice. 

Damon is a massive whopper so that I don’t go with that theory.

But like, this outfit (and Damon solo) has headlined Latitude just on the back of Blur’s name so surely they could close out the Park? Plus Albarn’s relationship with the fest etc.

10 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Damon is a massive whopper so that I don’t go with that theory.

But like, this outfit (and Damon solo) has headlined Latitude just on the back of Blur’s name so surely they could close out the Park? Plus Albarn’s relationship with the fest etc.

Relationship with the fest can work both ways though in terms of getting them to play lower down just because they love the fest and will just want to be there. Damon seems a mixed bag sometimes comes across as having a huge ego but other times can come across as quite humble. 

The only reason I can think of is that nobody cares about TGtBatQ whereas Rex Orange County is a new exciting act, although that doesn’t usually factor in with other placings so odd if it does here. Does ROC have some new material on the way or just that two year old album? Even if Damon + co weren’t below him it seems a push too high for him.

4 hours ago, gigpusher said:

You're braver than me though not sure I'd be able to keep browsing through line up's etc if I wasn't going. Have you entered any comps?

Entered every comp going! Feel terrible about it. Desperately trying to sort work! 

2 hours ago, Woffy said:

Just got this reference (I'm a bit slow, admittedly). Bravo!

I do not get the reference.

2 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Maybe he just meant that she was really super out of control drunk, and gave the impression of doing that regularly 

Either way, cannot wait to hear this story!

Nah no drink involved. In and of itself it's a pretty boring story, but involves the Professor employing barefaced dishonesty for minor financial gain and just being pretty condescending in person to staff/other assorted low key Tory behaviours, as a pattern on multiple occasions across a few weeks.

6 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Nah no drink involved. In and of itself it's a pretty boring story, but involves the Professor employing barefaced dishonesty for minor financial gain and just being pretty condescending in person to staff/other assorted low key Tory behaviours, as a pattern on multiple occasions across a few weeks.

The reference is to some months ago when @Phoenix Girl referred to an....urm....prolific ex-poster (who was later banned) as a "weapon", and then once everyone was falling about laughing at his expense, said that she had mistakenly thought the phrase meant "alcoholic liability" rather than "absolute tool"

Jokes. 

I actually had no idea who this professor was until yesterday when everyone started saying they fancied her. But I do like a good "true face of X celebrity" story

Edited by Sasperella

5 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

IIRC @Phoenix Girl - seemingly quite out of the blue - called @Gucci Piggya ‘massive weapon’ thinking it meant he drank a lot. 

8 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Ewwww. FFS.