Park Area Announcement

JoeyT

So happy that Mattiel has popped up in the Park. She was great when we saw her in Leeds last year and def one of our must sees

Some great acts on in Stonebridge - Ross from Friends a highlight.

Another here for the Alice Roberts crush. The Crows Nest line-up looks strong all in

12 minutes ago, Istari said:

So happy that Mattiel has popped up in the Park. She was great when we saw her in Leeds last year and def one of our must sees

Some great acts on in Stonebridge - Ross from Friends a highlight.

Another here for the Alice Roberts crush. The Crows Nest line-up looks strong all in

I thought that was announced each morning?

Edit - You mean the university of glastonbury & I am being thick!

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

8 hours ago, Andeeroo said:

“The Humblewell Tree Temple and the Humblewell Sanctuary are in a new wellness area offering yoga; sleep recovery with Lisa Sanfilippo; Kirtan with Nikki Slade; Breathbeats with Sound and Breathwork, with DJ Tom Middleton and the Breathe Guy; Yoga Nidra and sound healing with Penni Ludlow; Gong baths with Martina Saorin plus Laughter Yoga, Community Acupuncture and Mind support. Check boards for information.”

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/areas/the-park/

☺️

So The Tree Temple must be attached to the tree just to the left of where the Rabbit Hole was as you went up the hill. So does this mean the end of the wee bar out of a hatch that sold Bloody Marys?

54 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I'd say she's more intelligent than most "thinking" men I know...

Totally. Her latest (last) book - Evolution: The Human Story - is bloody great, if anyone is interested in that sort of stuff. She's one of the best communicators of science (and history) we've got, hence her Chair at Birmingham. And she's a polymath.

Her last talk at GF was on comparative biology / genetics, but I'm hoping this time it'll be based around her Evolution book (although that came out middle of last year, so possibly not)...and a similar 12:00 slot to avoid clashes.

That Park poster also look 3 names short for Uni of Glasto.

11 hours ago, StevieGed said:

Greg Wilson in the Stonebridge bar. Lovely. Hope to get in if it’s not too rammo

I seem to remember a lengthy piece written by Greg on the Super Weird Substance blog expounding upon why he'd never play at Glastonbury again. Glad to see he's changed his mind!

Also, what do the panel think of the Coldwar Steve booking, and what kind of tunes will he be playing?

1 minute ago, Woffy said:

Her last talk at GF was on comparative biology / genetics, but I'm hoping this time it'll be based around her Evolution book (although that came out middle of last year, so possibly not)...and a similar 12:00 slot to avoid clashes.

She's got the new series of Britain's Most Historic Town's out at the moment on C4 and is then touring a show called Digging Into Britain's Past later in the year at regional theatres. Could be something along the lines of those?

1 minute ago, jyoung said:

She's got the new series of Britain's Most Historic Town's out at the moment on C4 and is then touring a show called Digging Into Britain's Past later in the year at regional theatres. Could be something along the lines of those?

Good shout.

Who knew Pret a Manger in Chester has Roman columns in the basement!

Funds permitting I'm gonna go to the Winchester show, hopefully.

I still think the festival is missing a trick not booking Janina Ramirez, but I think the lack of screens for a slideshow could be the main factor.

12 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Totally. Her latest (last) book - Evolution: The Human Story - is bloody great, if anyone is interested in that sort of stuff. She's one of the best communicators of science (and history) we've got, hence her Chair at Birmingham. And she's a polymath.

That Park poster also look 3 names short for Uni of Glasto.

Had a professional encounter with Professor Roberts in which she acted like a TOTAL FUCKING WEAPON. Shouldn't really talk about it on a public forum tho, I'll save it for the meet.

1 minute ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Had a professional encounter with Professor Roberts in which she acted like a TOTAL FUCKING WEAPON. Shouldn't really talk about it on a public forum tho, I'll save it for the meet.

I notice she prefers to be called Dr rather than Professor. Given as she is a medical Dr may explain that.