Park Area Announcement

JoeyT

1 minute ago, Badlands said:

I wish they could do something with Stonebridge. Extend the capacity and pimp it up a bit, especially if they're looking to alleviate the pressure from SE corner. 

Maybe they have...

"Having celebrated ten years of The Park at the last Festival, the year off has allowed The Park team to come back with many changes, new creations and locations; from the newly-updated Park Stage and Stonebridge Bar "

Cat Power and Hot Chip will be my first and second ever Park headliners. The Wormhole lineup looks great and the addition of Soak is welcome, but on the whole it's sticking with the 2019 theme of not quite as good as we're used to.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Badlands said:

I wish they could do something with Stonebridge. Extend the capacity and pimp it up a bit, especially if they're looking to alleviate the pressure from SE corner. 

They should move the fucker away from the proper stage. Stonebridge sound bleed is the single worst thing about The Park.

Pretty uninspiring stuff - both Kurt Vile & Fat White Family have been recent Park bookings and there's nothing there to set my juices flowing.

It feels like there has been a lot more repeat bookings this year than in previous years.

I've added the new Park (stage) acts have been added to the big Glastonbury 2019 playlist and put them all in poster order, below West Holts, from Cat Power to Black Peaches (who sound pretty good, "a psychotropic stew of country boogie, spiritual jazz and funk").

'Steam Down' are a jazz collective who don't have any of their group tracks on Spotify yet, so I've included some of their individual tracks.

'The Love Unlimited Synth Orchestra' seem to be a one-off supergroup, but will be playing 'Love Unlimited Orchestra' tunes so have included those.

Otherwise based on recent setlists (as far as possible).

Also split out as a separate playlist here:

Edited by Brave Sir Robin
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, JoeyT said:

Good spot - some insanely good jazz sets going on in here:

Comet is Coming VS Steam Down
UK Jazz titans, Comet is Coming, meet up-and-comers Steam Down for a two hour extended collaborative set. Do not miss!

Ezra Collective VS Sons of Kemet
Well what to say….if you know, then you know…if you don’t then get to know!! Two of the UK’s top “Jazz” acts go to head to head for a special two hour improvised set! Roadblock session…

Kokoroko VS Joe Arnon-Jones
One of the UK’s finest Afrobeat inspired groups meet the keys player of the moment, Joe Arnon-Jones for an extended set.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 4

41 minutes ago, mcshed said:

It says in the blurb that it's a 2 hour set, certainly my highlight of today's announcements. I'll be there with bells on.

Yea looking forward to this. Hoping no major clashes 

May make up for me possible missing TCiC on west holts 

Edited by fred quimby

2 solid hours is a monster session, looking forward to it, but can't promise I won't get pulled somewhere else before it's over. Ideal scenario is that it completely sweeps me up and I cannot possibly tear myself away for the full duration.

7 minutes ago, ian the worm said:

and include Rob Smoughton

As a Waugh, I’m intrigued to know how he pronounces this. 

Edit: I mean, I could ask the person at reception at my GP’s surgery but they’d say:

”Smow-guh-huh-tonne”

Edited by Woffy

4 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Whatever Sports Banger Mega Rave is, I like the sound of it

Just googled and found some stuff on Facebook and soundcloud, seems to be an anti fashion fashion statement underground mega rave movement.

in other words yep it’s a mega rave and will be banging  

I like stonebridge some good  DJs on every evening. Fav time to go there is as the last stop on the night / morning around 4-5 am the crowds have thinned and it's left with the hardcore ? good stop for a sunrise tipple!