Park Area Announcement

JoeyT

Still waiting for a proper must-see OMG act for this year, was really hoping the park would pull one out of the bag for me so kinda sad it hasn't, I get they can't tailor everything for all of us every year though. I won't have to get off from my mates too much which will make life easier.

Bit optimistic putting Fontaines on Rabbit Hole though eh? I hope their supposed third set is on the JPT so I actually get to see one of them ahah.

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

Seems like there’s two or three acts less on The Park this year. This is just a theory and probably wrong but given Idles are apparently on at 6pm and they’re pretty high up on that poster, I wonder if it might be closing early every night rather than just Sunday? Would avoid the potential Chemical Brothers/Hot Chip clash too.

Wonder if one of the missing acts was Santigold who pulled out. Maybe she's still to be replaced.

So looking like this?

Fri: Cat Power, Michael Kiwanuka, IDLES, King Princess, Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real, Georgia, Palace, Steam Down, Lankum

Sat: Hot Chip, Kate Tempest, Special Guests, Kurt Vile & The Violators, ?, Sons of Kemet, Mattiel, The Love Unlimited Synth Orchestra, Black Peaches

Sun: Rex Orange County, The Good the Bad & the Queen, Little Simz, Fat White Family, Soak, ?, Koffee, Ama Lou, Jessie Buckley

7 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

So looking like this?

Fri: Cat Power, Michael Kiwanuka, IDLES, King Princess, Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real, Georgia, Palace, Steam Down, Lankum

Sat: Hot Chip, Kate Tempest, Special Guests, Kurt Vile & The Violators, ?, Sons of Kemet, Mattiel, The Love Unlimited Synth Orchestra, Black Peaches

Sun: Rex Orange County, The Good the Bad & the Queen, Little Simz, Fat White Family, Soak, ?, Koffee, Ama Lou, Jessie Buckley

I hope you are right about the Friday line up as that would give me a good run of acts that I'd like to see. 

21 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

are you aware of heavy lungs? (playing scum)

check them out if not

Very much hand in hand with IDLES. At Boomtown Danny Nedelko came on sing the song of his although Heavy Lungs weren't playing. 

Not much on there for especially higher up the list :(

King Princess, Mattiel, Soak and The Stonebridge Bar the only real highlights for me (I’ll probably be Killers Saturday night - really wish Hot Chip has been Friday a great way to start the big 3 days of the festival)

15 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

So looking like this?

I’ve been told that Palace are playing on Sunday.