Park Area Announcement

JoeyT

19 minutes ago, oldmagsy83 said:

Whatever, it's a shit line up for the Park. Why the hell are Low not on there? It's the stage that suits them the best, instead they'll get a shit slot and be lost inside JPT because they';re not super trendy. FFS.

I disagree. The subtle fragility of Double Negative could easily get lost on the Park with noise from the rest of the Park and even Arcadia. 

JPT is contained and relatively isolated with pretty much zero external bleed. It’s actually the best Glastonbury venue for them atm. 

I’m there with bells on. 

Ben

• Upvote 2

Not sure why Rex is getting so much hate. He's clearly popular despite not being to certain people's tastes. He's found his niche and based on his streams, doing very well for himself. I appreciate his placing on the poster might be a little off but he'll draw a decent sized crowd for sure.

On a side note, who's designing the posters this year? Don't ever remember them all being so bloody great before. Fantastic job all round!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Yokel Again said:

Nothing really stands out - although liked the movie with Jessie Buckley in, love Michael Kiwanuka, and really like the Mattiel tune they play on 6. After that, a bit sparse for my fave area.

Mattiel is great live. Her first album is worth a listen as well. Been too busy listening to people playing Glastonbury to listen to the new album but I can rectify that now. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I disagree. The subtle fragility of Double Negative could easily get lost on the Park with noise from the rest of the Park and even Arcadia. 

JPT is contained and relatively isolated with pretty much zero external bleed. It’s actually the best Glastonbury venue for them atm. 

I’m there with bells on. 

Ben

2 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Low are without a doubt more trendy now than at any point in their career. Their last album got co-signs from every big media outlet under the moon. They have a light show that massively benefits from darkness, hence the JP, so everybody wins.

Rex will fill the same slot that Sampha and Kano had last time – something for the newer generation.

No-one from Rex's PR agency is trying to besmirch the good name slowcore. It's a bit tinfoil hat...

I'm starting to think you two are related.

And I mean that in the nicest way possible.

X

Anyone else kinda surprised to see Kate Tempest there? Given her almighty set at West Holts in 2017, she should be headlining The Park, if anything. I mean, it could be a merciful decision if it allows me to catch her set then leg it to Other for the Chems, but still it raised both eyebrows.

Edited by kalifire

4 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Mattiel is great live. Her first album is worth a listen as well. Been too busy listening to people playing Glastonbury to listen to the new album but I can rectify that now. 

She’s the big standout for me from the drop, given that we knew quite a few of the names already. 

Ben

2 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Anyone else kinda surprised to see Kate Tempest there? Given her almighty set at West Holts in 2017, she should be headlining The Park, if anything. I mean, it could be a merciful decision if it allows me to catch her set then leg it to Other for the Chems, but still it raised both eyebrows.

Last time she played Park it was mid afternoon so it is still a bump up for her. Maybe it's a time and a stage that suits her. When I met her at the festival her and her mates were hanging out at the park. 

2 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ha! ?

I’d be fine with that - @Ddiamondd seems to be a thoroughly smashing chap/chapesse 

Ben

:)

Plus you both seem to enjoy a grammatical hiatus in your user names. Lovely stuff.

1 minute ago, bennyhana22 said:

She’s the big standout for me from the drop, given that we knew quite a few of the names already. 

Ben

Mattiel is indeed wonderful.

There's a lot on that poster for me.

The Park hasn't ever disappointed me yet.

Just now, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

I knew she was playing as she was on round table the other week and said she was but didn't know where so glad she's on one of my favourite stages. Wonder if she's quit her job at Mail Chimp yet? 

Just got fingers crossed that Shew Drew The Gun pop up somewhere else. I was expecting them on this line up. 

5 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Loving anything I hear from Mattiel although thought she was a bit shouty when performed Count Your Blessings on Jools. Would certainly be keen on catching live though. So many great tunes

2 minutes ago, srb said:

Loving anything I hear from Mattiel although thought she was a bit shouty when performed Count Your Blessings on Jools. Would certainly be keen on catching live though. So many great tunes

More raw live than the record indicates but she wasn't shouty when I saw her. 

4 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Bloke, but camp. Appreciate the non-assumption! Good on you.

...pint?

3 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Are you hitting on me, young man?

*blushes*

I’d be honoured to buy you a drink and dance ‘til six with you at IICON...

☺️

Ben

I'm like a modern day Emma.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

This now has me genuinely excited that Rosalia might take a lunchtime Pyramid slot. Stage by stage she's not yet shown up, and she is part of a big Latin-language pop insurrection on the charts... it could happen. It would be amazing.

That was my same thought as I was checking the poster. It has to be that or the Other (hopefully not) at this point.