Park Area Announcement

JoeyT

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Hmm not as tantalising a Park lineup as I’d have hoped, although with the clashes building up maybe that’s a good thing. Gonna need to do some listening.

Stonebridge is looking mighty tasty though! 

Kate Tempest is subbing Hot Chip. Michael Kiwunaka must be the Friday.

Aaaaah, I hope not!! I have everything crossed TGTBatQ Friday and Michael Sunday!

Rex orange county are a disgustingly shite band to have as headliners. Clearly been forced on Park to get glasto a band they really want from a record company. Such fucking dull dirges.

the Good the bad the queen are dull as dishwater as well. But then all Damon Albarn is release an album of farts and Emily Eavis would give him a headline slot.

About 6 good acts on this stage at most. Really was hoping for more on this stage. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

Aaaaah, I hope not!! I have everything crossed TGTBatQ Friday and Michael Sunday!

They will probably confirm days of headlinder / sub-headliner in the news article which they release on the official site when the poster is put on there.

11 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

Stonebridge Bar lineup is INSANE. DJ sets from Mark Ronson, Joe Goddard, My Nu Leng, Four Tet and Friendly Fires and there's Hip hop karaoke... Defo a Mark Ronson appearance with Miley then.

Yep, this. Brilliant. And Mattiel too.

Edited by carlosj

Just now, oldmagsy83 said:

Rex orange county are a disgustingly shite band to have as headliners. Clearly been forced on Park to get glasto a band they really want from a record company. Such fucking dull dirges.

the Good the bad the queen are dull as dishwater as well. But then all Damon Albarn is release an album of farts and Emily Eavis would give him a headline slot.

About 6 good acts on this stage at most. Really was hoping for more on this stage. 

The Park stage Sunday headliner isn't really a headliner, as it usually finishes before the headliners on the other stages start (last year the sunday 'headliner was on 9 til 10pm)

2 minutes ago, buffy394 said:

Anyone else slightly disappointed? Was expecting Rex and Cat Power second row down..ish

Cat Power headlined last time she played so would have been surprised at anything else although I did think she might end up on another stage. 

Can someone have another go and posting the poster on here please.

No mobile phone in work and it's not showing on my PC for some reason!

And its not on the official site yet!

So I have no idea what is looks like!

AHHHHHHH! 

Ignore: I can see it on the Park area page on the official website. Soz.

Edited by Woffy

Just now, Mr.Tease said:

The Park stage Sunday headliner isn't really a headliner, as it usually finishes before the headliners on the other stages start (last year the sunday 'headliner was on 9 til 10pm)

Whatever, it's a shit line up for the Park. Why the hell are Low not on there? It's the stage that suits them the best, instead they'll get a shit slot and be lost inside JPT because they';re not super trendy. FFS.

• Like 1

Not much new stuff there but good to put a stage to some acts.

Kate Tempest into Hot Chip is my Saturday sorted. Also interested in Idles, Kiwanuka, Little Simz, Jessie Buckley, Kurt Vile, Soak and Lukas Nelson.

Some names on there to research too.

I'm just happy there'll be plenty of reason to go up to my favourite area of the site ?

2 minutes ago, oldmagsy83 said:

Whatever, it's a shit line up for the Park. Why the hell are Low not on there? It's the stage that suits them the best, instead they'll get a shit slot and be lost inside JPT because they';re not super trendy. FFS.

You'd want Double Negative songs played at like 1pm up there? At least there's the semblance of intimacy with a tent. 

• Upvote 1