Do you need festival tickets to enter car parks?

noplacelikehome

So, we have always stayed in CV East, we have some friends joining us this year who are driving separately and parking in the car parks.  Their festival tickets are being delivered to my address and we may not have chance to meet up before the festival to hand them over. Don't want to risk posting them, so if they have a car park ticket can they access the car parks with just that or do they also need the festival tickets?  They have parked in blue and walked to meet us before but had all their tickets on previous occasions and can't remember if they needed to show their festival tickets as well. Thanks

You do need to show your tickets as you enter the car park, they don't want people parking up and trying to climb the fence or sneak in. If they have a car park sticker and can't get access to the tickets before I would  take a picture of their tickets and send them on to them, if they have them on their phone and can show personal ID the steward shouldn't have any reason to stop them parking up then meeting you to collect the tickets.

26 minutes ago, noplacelikehome said:

Thanks for replies - we can't meet up coming down as we are arriving Wed and they are arriving Thursday- so I think we need to decide if we can risk posting - I would be SOOOOO nervous! - or arrange to meet beforehand.  Cheers guys xxx

There would be no issue with Royal Mail Special Delivery - insured.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2019 at 6:51 PM, APPLES77 said:

How do you insure something that is priceless and can't be replaced?

Indeed.

There’s been a few very sorry tales here over the years, of people who have posted tickets to friends, and they’ve not arrived. Royal Mail can and does lose stuff... festival will not replace tickets that have posted on and lost.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, paulo999 said:

Indeed.

There’s been a few very sorry tales here over the years, of people who have posted tickets to friends, and they’ve not arrived. Royal Mail can and does lose stuff... festival will not replace tickets that have posted on and lost.

It's the stuff nightmares are made of

• Upvote 1