Jake Black

Armourman

Ah, that's sad news. There's a beautiful and typically "A3" tribute on their Facebook page. I was introduced to them about five or six years ago, a unique and very underrated live act and Jake was a witty and engaging co-front man, always lots of fun. Had some fun times and have happy memories watching them, I hope they continue 

Edited by Supernintendo Chalmers
  • Upvote 1

Just heard about this ---Absolutely gutted. Great performer and a lovely guy. 

The Glade 2015 was probably the best performance i have seem from the A3 in 20 years of their gigs and right up there in my favorite ever Glastonbury sets.

Just been on their facebook and it looks like they have decided to continue their current tour in respect to what he would have wanted rather than how they are feeling at the moment.

RIP

1 minute ago, tjamest said:

Just heard about this ---Absolutely gutted. Great performer and a lovely guy. 

The Glade 2015 was probably the best performance i have seem from the A3 in 20 years of their gigs and right up there in my favorite ever Glastonbury sets.

Just been on their facebook and it looks like they have decided to continue their current tour in respect to what he would have wanted rather than how they are feeling at the moment.

RIP

That must be so hard to go on stage each night. 

2 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

That must be so hard to go on stage each night. 

Yes, must be so raw at the moment and each time they glance over stage right and he's not there must be awful for them. 

At the height of our mourning for our dear friend and comrade Jake Black, who died on Monday, we were faced with certain urgent and difficult decisions, not least the question of whether we should play the two forthcoming shows this weekend. We have only just started to process our grief, or even begin to think about the impossibility of filling the massive hole that Jake has left behind. There has been a strong argument within the band that we should pull these shows as a mark of respect.

In the end it came down to this: What would Jake want? What would Jake do?

Jake would never want to miss a show. Aside from being in hospital with pneumonia, we can assure you, whatever heavy shit he had to deal with, not least the loss of many of his own friends and lovers, he would be there on stage for you. It was a point of pride.

We can also tell you that he would laugh at us if we wallowed in sentimentality, and berate us for letting down fans who loved him.

So please all of you who are coming, help us get through this, and join us this weekend in Newcastle and Falkirk to celebrate the life of our friend, the unique and irrepressible Jake Black.

On 5/21/2019 at 7:46 PM, Armourman said:

What a shame Jake Black has died.

R.I.P. The Very Reverend D.Wayne Love.

Remember The Glade 2015 watching them was one of my (admittedly I was MWI) best moments ever...

This is incredibly sad news and that Glade 2015 set is one of my all time Glastonbury favourites. Such a great character he will be missed very much. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, tjamest said:

Yes, must be so raw at the moment and each time they glance over stage right and he's not there must be awful for them. 

At the height of our mourning for our dear friend and comrade Jake Black, who died on Monday, we were faced with certain urgent and difficult decisions, not least the question of whether we should play the two forthcoming shows this weekend. We have only just started to process our grief, or even begin to think about the impossibility of filling the massive hole that Jake has left behind. There has been a strong argument within the band that we should pull these shows as a mark of respect.

In the end it came down to this: What would Jake want? What would Jake do?

Jake would never want to miss a show. Aside from being in hospital with pneumonia, we can assure you, whatever heavy shit he had to deal with, not least the loss of many of his own friends and lovers, he would be there on stage for you. It was a point of pride.

We can also tell you that he would laugh at us if we wallowed in sentimentality, and berate us for letting down fans who loved him.

So please all of you who are coming, help us get through this, and join us this weekend in Newcastle and Falkirk to celebrate the life of our friend, the unique and irrepressible Jake Black.

Aw sending them love, hugs and positive thoughts to get through those shows. 

• Upvote 1

from today's Popbitch

RIP Jake Black from Alabama 3. Best known for composing the song used as the theme tune for The Sopranos, Jake (a.k.a. the Very Reverend D. Wayne Love) died after playing a festival in Lancaster this weekend. 

If it makes the news any easier to bear, we're happy to tell you that he at least went out on a high. He spent a fair bit of the set snorting coke off someone's shoulder at the back of the stage while the band was playing.

Due to play our local festival in Saddleworth in August, hope they still make it but will have something missing. Got into them at BD #RIP Jake lad

• Upvote 1