How do you get to chosen gate?

H2bH2

First time to Glastonbury and have a quick gate accessing question. We'll be driving to the west side car parks and the campsite we're aiming for is near to gate A. When you park up (wherever you've been directed to) do you just then head to your chosen gate or do some carparks prohibit this, for example orange area means and you would be able to go in gate D only? Many thanks for any replies.

What time are you arriving? 

If it’s Wednesday morning then chances are you’ll be in pink car park. So you’ll trudge along with the hordes over the road then you get to a little bridge and it’s either left for gate A or right for Gate D.

The car parks don’t dictate which gate you go. 

From the west car parks you can go to either gate, it's up to you. You will only be directed in your car to a car park space. When you have parked you can go wherever you want, Gate a and d aren't too far apart, it really depends on where you want to camp once in where you head. Gate A is North West campsites nearer JP and Pyramid,  Gate D is South west, nearer Park, SE corner. Both easy walk to Silver Hayes and Other. I would think A is quieter and slightly less busy than coming in from D being a Thursday arriver and getting on a bit so looking for a bit of peace and quiet

It does depend on what you want, if you want to party all night then D is your best bet and head to Pennsards/oxlyers. If you're getting on a bit and need some kip then head to A and Darble/Pylion etc where you can usually get a good nights peace and quiet

You'll love it wherever you head by the way. 

50 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

It does depend on what you want, if you want to party all night then D is your best bet and head to Pennsards/oxlyers. If you're getting on a bit and need some kip then head to A and Darble/Pylion etc where you can usually get a good nights peace and quiet

You'll love it wherever you head by the way. 

Hey don’t be so ageist. I’m getting on a bit and I still party all night. It just takes me a month to recover now