Recommend me a music book for my journey.

eastynh

16 minutes ago, priest17 said:

I also have to recommend this one to everyone, an amazing insight into The Worlds Greatest Ever Band that's written so well and in such a relatable way that even if you're not a massive fan of The Fall or just don't really know anything about them you'll enjoy.

Image result for the big midweek

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Big-Midweek-Life-Inside-Fall/dp/190192758X

This is a good read about the Fall too

51d0hjzzr3l-_ac_us327_ql65_.jpg?w=869

Just now, dondo said:

This is a good read about the Fall too

51d0hjzzr3l-_ac_us327_ql65_.jpg?w=869

I liked that one, and its really great for navigating your way through their discography (for all the ones Henley doesn't cover at least), wasn't a massive fan of the author though. That's on me, mind.

22 minutes ago, priest17 said:

I also have to recommend this one to everyone, an amazing insight into The Worlds Greatest Ever Band that's written so well and in such a relatable way that even if you're not a massive fan of The Fall or just don't really know anything about them you'll enjoy.

Image result for the big midweek

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Big-Midweek-Life-Inside-Fall/dp/190192758X

would also recommmend this, funniest book I've ever read  https://www.amazon.co.uk/Renegade-Lives-Tales-Mark-Smith/dp/0141028661 

51Zs4p2arDL._SX324_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• Like 1

I enjoyed this - about music New York in 2000s

It's not narrated or written as a book in the traditional sense, just lots of contributions and stories compiled from interviews with the people involved in that scene, which gives a nice perspective on it - contributions from James Murphy, The Strokes, Yeah Yeah Yeahs and loads of others. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Meet-Me-Bathroom-Rebirth-2001-2011/dp/057133797X/ref=asc_df_057133797X/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=310842836591&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=16141206222988937550&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9045542&hvtargid=aud-548500765412:pla-323003920023&psc=1&th=1&psc=1

7 minutes ago, Gacheezbo said:

Came here to post this! My favourite book

I'd probably have to say the same.

I have passed it on to a few friends, who then in turn passed it on to their parents. Every one of them loved it and would not call themselves an Eels fan.

2 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

The truth behind the beginnings of Glastonbury. Well that’s what Andrew always said to me! He was my neighbour and a fascinating guy to listen to. So many stories. He said “don’t believe anything  else you read about the festival. My book has the real story”F1203B3B-7B79-49CD-8F31-50A342DC8470.jpeg.c3f4fca4f07285182a8cfbbe98fba0d7.jpeg

Yeah I quite enjoyed this book (though I'm not cool enough to know Andrew). I always find it mental that Winston Churchill's grand daughter was so influential in creating Glastonbury.

27 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

Yeah I quite enjoyed this book (though I'm not cool enough to know Andrew). I always find it mental that Winston Churchill's grand daughter was so influential in creating Glastonbury.

It was thanks to her and Andrew’s money that we have the festival at all. 

I do miss Andrew’s wicked sense of humour.