The Beat Hotel

Georgeb93

2 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

Didn't think the English owned a style of Pancakes?

Crepe, American, Scotch, Blini, Dosa are the main ones. Scotch & American ftw.

I've no idea. I just know I'd love the big fluffy ones with maple sauce on them if anywhere on site sells them. We need a pancake thread.

We usually stop by there on the Wednesday as there's always some good stuff on there during the day.

I remember the coach journey from hell in 2016, got in there about 10pm straight from pitching my tent, 16 hours on the coach and met my mates who  were all way ahead of me. That first pint of cold San Miguel didnt touch the sides. 

1 hour ago, Georgeb93 said:

Whereabouts is that? We've been up by gate A the last little while, means beat hotel is a stop on the walk to a lot of places !

The last 3 years we have camped in Rivermead, Woodsie's and then right slap bang at the front of the JP Tent so haven't been too far away any of those years. 

Must try the food/ cocktails this year. Burgers look great. 

Edited by gherkin8r

18 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

I've no idea. I just know I'd love the big fluffy ones with maple sauce on them if anywhere on site sells them. We need a pancake thread.

Aye same here those were the types I was referring to.

Worthy View cafe does waffles with various topoings if you're residing there. No info about pancakes as of yet.

Edited by deadpheasant

1 hour ago, deadpheasant said:

Didn't think the English owned a style of Pancakes?

Crepe, American, Scotch, Blini, Dosa are the main ones. Scotch & American ftw.

Which country claims the ones we make on pancake day?  I don't know about Blini or Dosa, but pancake day pancakes aren't like Scotch or American pancakes.

EDIT: The English do have a kind of pancake:

https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/english-pancakes-364751

"English pancakes are different from American pancakes. They are much thinner and contain no leavening. They are closer to a French Crepe, only slightly thicker. Traditionally they are served on Shrove Tuesday, but are enjoyed year-around"

Edited by stuartbert two hats

I’ve never really been to the beat hotel much but from views here sounds pretty good. I camp on the other side so it’s always seemed a bit out the way 

Is there a best time to go when it’s not overly rammed or is it purely dependent on who’s DJing? Would likely go weds/thurs or after headliners 

13 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

Generally love the Beat Hotel, think it hits all the high notes as everyone says, but it can be stupidly busy.

Call Super b2b Job Jobse a few years back was a treat. Same story for Midland b2b BUFO b2b Joy Orbison in 2015 (I think). Everyone goes a bit more cosmic for the occasion in there, rather than just hooning it out.

Also Peggy Gou on a slo-mo acid tip as a surprisingly perfect early evening warm-up for Justice and Masters At Work – thankfully it was before Goumania really set in, so you could get within 50ft of the place.

Call Super played the MAW remix of Only Love Can Break Your Heart which got me really excited for their set after. He’s on there again this year which is deffo looking like one of my highlights.

I had a look at their festival they did hoping to see a lot of names that were there booked for Glastonbury this year top pick being Gerd Janson.

I spent a lot of time in beat hotel in my first glasto - 2014. Absolutely loved it in there, except it was too hot a lot of the time (especially the day I was wearing a red suit as seen in the profile pic) but I have to say I don't think I've been in since.

I will definitely be going back there this year and I wanna try one of these absynthe cocktails you guys have been talking about!

Love it in there and I like how it always gets a good crowd sitting outside when the weather is good.

My favourite day in there was the Saturday of 2013, can't remember who was DJ'n first but the crowd ended up doing a mass coordinated dance then Tim Burgess and played what I would describe as a cool wedding dance playlist of well known songs and then Fatboy Slim came on to do a 'secret' set as Beats International. Set me right up to head round to the Pyramid for Primal Scream and the Stones.

Easily the best afternoon/night I have ever had at a festival.

I think it has one of the best line ups on site for dance music. As other have said can get really busy but often the crowd are stuck at the enterance and there's room inside although it's really hot.

I like it in the day, get a booth and slowly get back on it ?

52 minutes ago, bigbilly said:

I think it has one of the best line ups on site for dance music. As other have said can get really busy but often the crowd are stuck at the enterance and there's room inside although it's really hot.

I like it in the day, get a booth and slowly get back on it ?

Yeah totally agree. Nar days I can’t be fucking arsed watching some young hip upcoming guitar band my mate is convinced are the next big thing when I’m rough as fuck. Sooner listen to some tunes have a few cocktails or cold pints and bring myself back to life slowly.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Yeah totally agree. Nar days I can’t be fucking arsed watching some young hip upcoming guitar band my mate is convinced are the next big thing when I’m rough as fuck. Sooner listen to some tunes have a few cocktails or cold pints and bring myself back to life slowly.

This. Great spot to grab a table and rest your weary legs with some upbeat tunes and just get right on the sauce