The Beat Hotel

Georgeb93

Alo all,

I love this place, go along mid morning get some pancakes, then have an absynth cocktail and dance to some disco, then back later that night to dance on a small pyramid into the early hours ?

This was one of my Sundays at glasto a few years ago, not much exploring was happening by this point after 5 days.

I know the line up for this won't be available until the full one, but has anyone else had good times here and seeing who?

I also love the Beat Hotel, always seem to find something good to dance too, even though often I have no idea what it is. Great cocktails too ?

My favourite moment was stumbling in to find Don Letts doing a tribute to DJ Derek, and he smashed some dubstep remix of a Coldplay tune. It was ace!

Had a particularly fun time at Beat Hotel on the Sunday morning in 2013, Rob Da Bank was playing a birthday set, and we just got smashed on absinthe cocktails, not really been back much since then, always too busy, and I find that the tent gets too hot if you're deep into it. Will no doubt swing by a few times this year.

5 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I also love the Beat Hotel, always seem to find something good to dance too, even though often I have no idea what it is. Great cocktails too ?

My favourite moment was stumbling in to find Don Letts doing a tribute to DJ Derek, and he smashed some dubstep remix of a Coldplay tune. It was ace!

It's good the random bits you can come across!

I first found it just walking back from Williams green guilty pleasures on the Thursday night, cracking

1 minute ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Had a particularly fun time at Beat Hotel on the Sunday morning in 2013, Rob Da Bank was playing a birthday set, and we just got smashed on absinthe cocktails, not really been back much since then, always too busy, and I find that the tent gets too hot if you're deep into it. Will no doubt swing by a few times this year.

Rob da bank plays most Sunday mornings there I think, occasionally doing the prince tribute with Tayo? 

Rarely go actually in to be honest apart from getting a drink, it's good outside!

I always make the effort to go to the Beat Hotel at least once over the weekend.  The absinthe cocktails are lethal! you could run a generator off a few of those.

Can't honestly remember who I've caught there but it's always been a good place to relax/drink/dance in the afternoon

Seth troxlers soft touch set there in 2015, on the Saturday (I think) afternoon . He played Prince I wud die 4u, toto Africa and a few other great tunes that are just eluding me at the minute. Perfect start to the day! 

21 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

We normally camp not too far away from the beat hotel. Spent most of one of the days in there in 2016 to stay out of the rain and had a great time. 

Whereabouts is that? We've been up by gate A the last little while, means beat hotel is a stop on the walk to a lot of places !

10 minutes ago, sophiemarie said:

Reading this has given me the epiphany that pancakes are exactly what I need on the Sunday morning. Where's your pancake spot?

They used to do them in the beat hotel itself. Not sure if they still do, this was back in 2014! I will be finding out this year thankfully :)

2015 George Fitzgerald, Saturday night I believe. We were down front and it was fairly empty at the beginning, as I believe he played during the headliners. Amazing set, and by the time we left and made our way out the crowd has massive spilling out the back as it often is.

Also absolutely love Beat Hotel. Location is perfect and slap bang in the middle of all the main stage areas. It always seems to reenergise... I think it's a combination of the upbeat music, orange lighting that filters through the tent roof, carpet underfoot, and really strong cocktails.

I'll certainly be 'checking in' at some point

7 minutes ago, Glasto1984 said:

Also absolutely love Beat Hotel. Location is perfect and slap bang in the middle of all the main stage areas. It always seems to reenergise... I think it's a combination of the upbeat music, orange lighting that filters through the tent roof, carpet underfoot, and really strong cocktails.

I'll certainly be 'checking in' at some point

I had a bit of a random time at the bar towards the end of the killers last year when I thought I'd lost my friends. I'd lost my phone and was hoping they'd turn up there after the secret set. Did a load of shots and had a cocktail to "calm me down" and then burst into tears of hapoiness/drunken exhaustion when they finally found me. But I did feel energised after ?

9 minutes ago, baggie92 said:

Was anyone at the Jamie xx DJ set last year after Ed Sheeran? Was dangerously busy! 

We went down there for a bit, a guy we were with had done a load of acid, had a backstage wristband for the Beat Hotel so ended up, tripping balls, dancing in the booth for the rest of the night, the stage manager or one of Jamie xx's team made anyone that got up into booth/stage to hand their phones in before they were allowed up.

We absolutely love the Beat Hotel! Fatboy slim in 2015 (i think?!) was a real highlight...he made everyone sit on the floor then dropped a banger and everyone jumped up and it felt like the roof was about to blow off, some seriously good vibes. Can't wait to get a largerita and have a solid boogie in there this year !!