Which three nights ?

stoopid_name

Hi Guys

If you could only attend for three consecutive nights, which ones would you recommend and why ? I guess it comes down to options;

Option 1.       Thursday to Sunday

• Bad
    • Worse arrival queues
    • Perhaps not a full program on Thursday(?)
    • More limited Boomtown transport options when leaving site
    • FOMO on Sunday night
    • Few Boomtown coaches leaving Friday
  • Good
    • Less departure queues

Option 2.      Friday to Monday

• Bad
    • Worse departure queues
    • No Boomtown coaches arriving Friday
    • Finding a space to camp
  •  Good
    • Less arrival queues
    • Three days full program

Am I missing any good/bad points on the options ?

Thanks for your help.

Thursday and Sunday both run from midday-midnight, with Friday and Saturday being the "big nights" running until 4am.

Sunday will be a full entertainment lineup though, and Thursday a lot more limited.

That said, there is a lot of fun to be had on Thursday if you enjoy being able to amble around leisurely with less pressure to get to your "must see" acts.

However I would still go for Sunday, because the entertainment is much more "jam packed" into fewer hours. Between the hours of about 8pm and mignight there is a LOT going on, all at the same time, which gives the place a crazy buzzing atmosphere. Culminating in elaborate closing shows on the 2 dance stages.

I wouldn't factor arrival/leaving into a decision so much. Decide what aspect of the festival you would prefer to see! I'd go Friday-Monday personally, so I didn't miss out on Sunday. But there is a fair argument to be had for leaving on Sunday, especially if you plan to stay late into the night.

Thanks Guys, great replies.

Unfortunately our departure will be in the morning. We've got to find our way back to sunny Glasgow.

As it's our first visit wandering round on the Thursday ogling things while getting the hang of the site would suite us.

Then again seeing the closing partys sounds good too. If we arrived late Friday afternoon how tricky is find a camping spot going to be ?

1 hour ago, stoopid_name said:

Thanks Guys, great replies.

Unfortunately our departure will be in the morning. We've got to find our way back to sunny Glasgow.

As it's our first visit wandering round on the Thursday ogling things while getting the hang of the site would suite us.

Then again seeing the closing partys sounds good too. If we arrived late Friday afternoon how tricky is find a camping spot going to be ?

Would you be driving down from Glasgow on the Friday morning if you did Fri-Mon? Meaning that you might arrive late on Friday? I assume from your post that your travelling by coach?

On 5/20/2019 at 1:45 PM, Sku said:

Thursday and Sunday both run from midday-midnight, with Friday and Saturday being the "big nights" running until 4am.

I've been told Boomtown is the closest it gets to Glastonbury SE corner - does everything shut down at 4am? Does anything go on all night long? What sort of thing is going on? 

Not been to Glastonbury so can't compare it to that but last year by 4 am everything had stopped. Think most places closed between 2-4am. Except Sunday where everything stopped at midnight. There were people going around trying to find speakers to continue but I left them to it. 

10 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

I've been told Boomtown is the closest it gets to Glastonbury SE corner - does everything shut down at 4am? Does anything go on all night long? What sort of thing is going on? 

Yes it is somewhat like the Glasto SE corner, but on a larger scale.

Unfortunately pretty much everything stops at 4am on Friday and Saturday nights. This is a license condition, Glastonbury are quite lucky in that they get away with a lot more than other festivals. I suggest getting on it earlier in the day, so you're done and ready to pass out at 4am!

The 2 big dance stages will close around 2am, with smaller stages picking up the stragglers until 4am.

On Sunday it stops at midnight, but there is a now traditional "bin rave" in the hidden woods after the close, and there have also been a silent discos in the past.