Duration of coach from Sheffield to the site and a couple of other questions...

Fussah

Usually drive down to Glastonbury so I don't have experience with the coaches. Managed to get a Wednesday coach ticket in the resale which departs at 9am from Sheffield.  Anybody done this journey before and know approx what time we can expect to arrive? I understand that it will be down to traffic on the day (particularly close to the festival) but i would like to get a general gist if possible :)

I'm assuming it will be mid-late afternoon - What are the coach gates like for queues at this time on a Wednesday?

Thank you in advance for any replies :) 

46 minutes ago, Fussah said:

Usually drive down to Glastonbury so I don't have experience with the coaches. Managed to get a Wednesday coach ticket in the resale which departs at 9am from Sheffield.  Anybody done this journey before and know approx what time we can expect to arrive? I understand that it will be down to traffic on the day (particularly close to the festival) but i would like to get a general gist if possible :)

I'm assuming it will be mid-late afternoon - What are the coach gates like for queues at this time on a Wednesday?

Thank you in advance for any replies :) 

Hi, I normally get the national express coach from Sheffield. It's supposed to take 5 hours and 45 mins. This year we're leaving at 7.30, and arriving at 1.15pm, so I guess you'll be arriving around 2.45pm. 

The coach queues are nearly always completely fine. For three years I've arrived around 1/2pm by coach and in two years I walked straight in, no queue at all, no security check. In 2017 there was a bit more of a queue, as they were patting everyones' bag down (it was shortly after the Manchester bomb attack), but I still dont think we were there much longer than 45 mins. 

The coach is great :)

Edited by Sasperella

4 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Hi, I normally get the national express coach from Sheffield. It's supposed to take 5 hours and 45 mins. This year we're leaving at 7.30, and arriving at 1.15pm, so I guess you'll be arriving around 2.45pm. 

The coach queues are nearly always completely fine. For three years I've arrived around 1/2pm by coach and in two years I walked straight in, no queue at all, no security check. In 2017 there was a bit more of a queue, as they were patting everyones' bag down (it was shortly after the Manchester bomb attack), but I still dont think we were there much longer than 45 mins. 

The coach is great :)

You're a star - Thank you very much :D