2019 Line up

Craigston

Maybe I’m getting old and I know it’s horses for courses, but overall, the Glasto line up really is so shite this year, I’m glad I’m not going.  Probably 2 or 3 must sees for me when it’s usually 20 or 30.

I recently dug out an old 2007 t-shirt- checking the back print that had a properly brilliant line up and I loved the fest, despite the site being like the Somme public baths that year.

I pulled out of my resale group as a result of the line up (they all got tickets) as I felt the cash outlay wasn’t quite worth it for the craic alone.

Hope you all have a good one  - it can be the best place on earth with the right ents to enjoy 

cheers all

Craigston

• Downvote 30

Whilst I respect that people may not want to fork out hundreds of pounds if they're not keen on the line up, I will still never get the logic of only being able to enjoy Glastonbury if your day is packed with endless acts you want to see. I'm happy to have a handful of acts I *have* to see and then have the rest of the time free to explore and enjoy everything else!

1 hour ago, Craigston said:

Maybe I’m getting old and I know it’s horses for courses, but overall, the Glasto line up really is so shite this year, I’m glad I’m not going.  Probably 2 or 3 must sees for me when it’s usually 20 or 30.

I recently dug out an old 2007 t-shirt- checking the back print that had a properly brilliant line up and I loved the fest, despite the site being like the Somme public baths that year.

I pulled out of my resale group as a result of the line up (they all got tickets) as I felt the cash outlay wasn’t quite worth it for the craic alone.

Hope you all have a good one  - it can be the best place on earth with the right ents to enjoy 

cheers all

Craigston

IW8simF.gif

Well now I feel much better informed. 

5 minutes ago, TKOCF said:

The festival could have UB40, Maroon 5 and Bryan Adams headline and no one else play at all on the main stages; the three worst acts of all time and I’d still probably go. 

Bryan Adams would smash a mid-afternoon Pyramid slot. So many hits!

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Craigston said:

Maybe I’m getting old

I think what's most likely happened is that because this is true:

I’m not going.

It helps to think this:

the Glasto line up really is so shite this year

It's a kind of confirmation bias. You know full well it'll be fantastic, but it helps to think it won't be because you won't be there to experience it.

Good luck in October.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Craigston said:

cheers all

Craigston

Who would you see on the line up today and who do you feel is missing you would have booked? 

11 hours ago, Craigston said:

cheers all

Craigston

Image result for alan partridge shrug gif

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I still remain very bullish about this lineup. For me it doesn't have that one mega act (Radiohead and LCD in the past two years) but it has more acts on that next tier down than the last three I've been to. I'm terms of anticipation, there are no 10/10s but a LOT of 8 and 9/10s. In a way I prefer that because I can spend my energy focussing on a wider variety of acts than just being so pumped for one specific set.

It feels fresh and exciting, and the most "contemporary" edition of the festival for quite a while.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

1 minute ago, jparx said:

I still remain very bullish about this lineup. For me it doesn't have that one mega act (Radiohead and LCD in the past two years) but it has more acts on that next tier down than the last three I've been to. I'm terms of anticipation, there are no 10/10s but a LOT of 8 and 9/10s. In a way I prefer that because I can spend my energy focussing on a wider variety of acts than just being so pumped for one specific set.

It feels fresh and exciting, and the most "contemporary" edition of the festival for quite a while.

Couldn't agree more. And expressed far better than I ever could. Strongly upvoted.

2 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Couldn't agree more. And expressed far better than I ever could. Strongly upvoted.

Thanks Woff. I really have that "gonna be the best yet" feeling, and I'm usually a glass half full kind of person!

12 hours ago, Craigston said:

as I felt the cash outlay wasn’t quite worth it for the craic alone.

I dunno, it’s pretty strong craic. 

I go with a group of 8-12 people and 80% of those don’t really look at the line up until they have a guardian guide on there hands. 

They only go for the craic!