Willow Meadows / Pop Up Motel

DoubleB

Has anyone stayed at Willow Meadows (was previously Pop Up Motel)?

If so please can you advise how long it takes to walk to the nearest gate (D I believe)?

Also leaving on Monday to get back to Bristol Airport how long do we need to give to get to the airport by 3.30pm? 

Also any other tips would be very welcome  

Thanks in advance 

16 hours ago, DoubleB said:

Has anyone stayed at Willow Meadows (was previously Pop Up Motel)?

If so please can you advise how long it takes to walk to the nearest gate (D I believe)?

Also leaving on Monday to get back to Bristol Airport how long do we need to give to get to the airport by 3.30pm? 

Also any other tips would be very welcome  

Thanks in advance 

I parked at Ashcombe car park which is adjacent to that field. It is a good 10-15 min walk to Gate D through a load of car parks. A lot depends on whether you can still get through the gap in the hedge, but I would say 15 mins tops. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

I parked at Ashcombe car park which is adjacent to that field. It is a good 10-15 min walk to Gate D through a load of car parks. A lot depends on whether you can still get through the gap in the hedge, but I would say 15 mins tops. 

Thanks a lot, great to know 

12 hours ago, dannym said:

Also struggling with the best way to get there from Castle Cary!

is there a bus that goes straight to Gate D? Looks like only one is to A and then another to D ?

From Castle Cary, get the shuttle bus from the train station to the festival bus station. You can then walk from there to Willow Meadows. But I would advise walking through the car parks and not along the road as it is very busy.

Gate A & Gate D are fairly close together.

2 hours ago, al_coholic said:

From Castle Cary, get the shuttle bus from the train station to the festival bus station. You can then walk from there to Willow Meadows. But I would advise walking through the car parks and not along the road as it is very busy.

Gate A & Gate D are fairly close together.

We have parked at Ashcombe car park a few times and use gate A as we head up to Hitchin Hill. We always have stewards directing us to Gate D, but insist on heading to A.

I stayed there in 2014 and about 15-20 minutes walk to the gate seems about right. My top tip is bring everything you need for the day with you and use the lock up's so that you never have to go back during the day. Remember once you get to the gate it's another 10 minutes at least to the first venues and can be quite a walk to some others. 

• Like 1