Vegan Traders

Bunbow

I am so excited to return to the farm after 5 years without going (missed out on 2019 and the rest is history) but I'm especially excited to see what vegan food options there are now! To be honest, the offerings were great before but with how much vegan food has developed in the last couple years alone I am anticipating some real treats on offer! 

The Mexicana food place looks banging too. 

7 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Forget the greatest living songwriter and the best contemporary hip-hop artist on the planet, the real MVPs have confirmed

Screenshot_20220509-130035.png

Yes! *makes note to add a gig at the other stage on the clashfinder at meal times *. Yeah whatever, who needs meal times...!

5 minutes ago, jefwefwef said:

Anyone else having problems getting on filthyvegan's insta page? I'm trying to get them to tell me their exact location for the festifood.eu map but I can't even see their profile.

Link above works for me to the post & direct link here works too: https://www.instagram.com/thefilthyveganuk/

They are in the Fields of Avalon though - says in their post 🙂

Edited by Dukeicon

Pura Vida Mexican food up in The Park (on the left hand side, before stonebridge if you're walking up towards the park stage) is a vegetarian Mexican food stall doing incredible fajitas, burritos, nachos, enchiladas etc. Been a glasto must-have for me for the last 3 years now.

They only do vegetarian food and fairly sure if you say no to cheese and sour cream your meal would be vegan. 

14 minutes ago, Dukeicon said:

Link above works for me to the post & direct link here works too: https://www.instagram.com/thefilthyveganuk/

They are in the Fields of Avalon though - says in their post 🙂

Yeah, but I'm talking exact location for my website (festifood.eu) so I can update it. Field of avalon isn't quite accurate enough. I think I've figured it out, though, instagram thinks I'm under 16 and their profile is apparently "adult".

Edited by jefwefwef

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Forget the greatest living songwriter and the best contemporary hip-hop artist on the planet, the real MVPs have confirmed

Are they no longer cancelled?

Just now, balti-pie said:

why were Happy Maki cancelled? i love them dearly. As long as theyre not gunning down minorities in the streets, i'll ignore the cancelling. 

This - https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2020/10/27/happy-maki-brighton-staff-quit-anna-macdonald-transphobic-beliefs-spirits/

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I had one of these at EOTR and I thought it was bland as anything and overpriced. This will be of these things I don't get that efesters rave about. 😅

22 minutes ago, incident said:

😅 this is the most Brighton thing ever! Trans people, vegans, spirits, its all a bit Nathan Barley!

Dumb comments from the owner perhaps, but not nasty - they wont preclude me sourcing some lovely vegan eats at Glasto . . . 

Edit; this quote is worth reserving for posterity, because: blimey. 

She said: “I have done a lot of research into spirits, spirits are just people who have died, no demons, no entities just people.

“They can and do affect everyone in different ways, positively and negatively and to varying degrees and this depends on the existing feelings we have inside of us and how sensitive we are.

“I feel I have seen enough evidence to know all of this as fact.”

Edited by balti-pie

9 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

😅 this is the most Brighton thing ever! Trans people, vegans, spirits, its all a bit Nathan Barley!

Dumb comments from the owner perhaps, but not nasty - they wont preclude me sourcing some lovely vegan eats at Glasto . . . 

Edit; this quote is worth reserving for posterity, because: blimey. 

She said: “I have done a lot of research into spirits, spirits are just people who have died, no demons, no entities just people.

“They can and do affect everyone in different ways, positively and negatively and to varying degrees and this depends on the existing feelings we have inside of us and how sensitive we are.

“I feel I have seen enough evidence to know all of this as fact.”

I think they're quite nasty personally given the experience trans people have to deal with from society and difficulties sourcing gender-affirming surgery. To have their experiences boiled down to being influenced by 'bad spirits' is outrageous. This owner clearly hasn't looked into the difficulties of the trans community, otherwise she'd know not to say dismissing comments like this.

Edited by scatteredscreens
  • Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

I think they're quite nasty personally given the experience trans people have to deal with from society and difficulties sourcing gender-affirming surgery. To have their experiences boiled down to being influenced by 'bad spirits' is outrageous. This owner clearly hasn't looked into the difficulties of the trans community, otherwise she'd know not to say dismissing comments like this.

I don't think she means to be demeaning or dismissive, i think she's just being a bit woo and naive. Its not an experience she's had to go through, she's a bit sheltered on that front, and she's come across a (dumb) explanation that works for her. It evidently doesn't work for the people she's talking about, which is crass. Its not too dissimilar to Glenn Hoddle's idiotic comments about disabled people being punished for 'karma' in their previous lives: if you want to think these things, fine, but be careful about where you air those views, and don't be surprised if people think you're a twat for them. 

2 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

I don't think she means to be demeaning or dismissive, i think she's just being a bit woo and naive. Its not an experience she's had to go through, she's a bit sheltered on that front, and she's come across a (dumb) explanation that works for her. It evidently doesn't work for the people she's talking about, which is crass. Its not too dissimilar to Glenn Hoddle's idiotic comments about disabled people being punished for 'karma' in their previous lives: if you want to think these things, fine, but be careful about where you air those views, and don't be surprised if people think you're a twat for them. 

If she's gonna stick LGBTQ+ friendly on her information on Google perhaps she should... actually be LGBTQ+ friendly? And if that means doing a bit of research to understand why this point of view isn't helpful I don't think that's a hard thing to ask.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...