Vegan Traders

Bunbow

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Bumping this. So excited to get tix in the resale (thanks to wonderful efesters) and to be back on the farm for the first time since 2017. Looking forward to the vegan grub on site. Haven't had a goodness gracious tofu burger and salad for since 2017! Hoping they are there for 2022....

https://www.mobileveggiefood.co.uk/

• Upvote 1

There is a new trader in Liverpool called Desert Island Dumplings that does 100% vegan dumplings that are the nicest things I have ever tasted. And I’m a meat eater! They have been at Jimmy’s on Bold Street and now have a sort of residency at Kazimier Garden. I think they applied - if they are in then that’s me sorted every day! 

11 minutes ago, Blisterpack said:

There is a new trader in Liverpool called Desert Island Dumplings that does 100% vegan dumplings that are the nicest things I have ever tasted. And I’m a meat eater! They have been at Jimmy’s on Bold Street and now have a sort of residency at Kazimier Garden. I think they applied - if they are in then that’s me sorted every day! 

Oooh, I'm in Liverpool regularly, will have to check out.

47 minutes ago, Levitz said:

Bumping this. So excited to get tix in the resale (thanks to wonderful efesters) and to be back on the farm for the first time since 2017. Looking forward to the vegan grub on site. Haven't had a goodness gracious tofu burger and salad for since 2017! Hoping they are there for 2022....

I've never tried one of their burgers as I always default straight to the falafel and houmous with the massive salad and a pitta. Amazing. Will have to give a burger a go this year.

Speaking of burgers, I don't know whether they have any plans to do festivals (they do a mobile hire service) but I'd love to see Halo Burger at Glastonbury. Planning on hitting them tomorrow night before going to see Sam Fender in Brighton

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

I've never tried one of their burgers as I always default straight to the falafel and houmous with the massive salad and a pitta. Amazing. Will have to give a burger a go this year.

Speaking of burgers, I don't know whether they have any plans to do festivals (they do a mobile hire service) but I'd love to see Halo Burger at Glastonbury. Planning on hitting them tomorrow night before going to see Sam Fender in Brighton

I love the tofu one, it's not like a fake meat burger but a mix that includes tofu, grains and seeds. It's delicious, especially with their salad. Would def recommend even my meaty mates like it. 

1 minute ago, Levitz said:

I love the tofu one, it's not like a fake meat burger but a mix that includes tofu, grains and seeds. It's delicious, especially with their salad. Would def recommend even my meaty mates like it. 

I'm happy with either 🙂

This will be my first Glastonbury as a veggie, always gravitated towards it anyway and 95% certain my last couple would have been meat free anyway, but will be interesting to see whether it feels any different as a conscious choice!

As a vegan it’s great I can go to Glastonbury this year and eat better there than I can anywhere else for the other 360 days a year!

Cant remember too much of what I ate back in 2019, but was only veggie and hadn’t gone full vegan so will be following this with interest. I remember the vegan fried chicken place (that looks like KFC) always had a mega queue, so presume that was good?

4 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

As a vegan it’s great I can go to Glastonbury this year and eat better there than I can anywhere else for the other 360 days a year!

Cant remember too much of what I ate back in 2019, but was only veggie and hadn’t gone full vegan so will be following this with interest. I remember the vegan fried chicken place (that looks like KFC) always had a mega queue, so presume that was good?

Didn't get tix in 2019 so can't say but was it these guys https://www.livekindly.co/glastonbury-festival-fully-vegan-kfc/

Another good place that is veggie/vegan is http://www.pandemania.co.uk/ they were on the way to the SE corner queue and prime spot for viewing people falling and getting stuck in the mud in 2016

13 minutes ago, Levitz said:

Didn't get tix in 2019 so can't say but was it these guys https://www.livekindly.co/glastonbury-festival-fully-vegan-kfc/

Another good place that is veggie/vegan is http://www.pandemania.co.uk/ they were on the way to the SE corner queue and prime spot for viewing people falling and getting stuck in the mud in 2016

Yes it was them, the queue was always absolutely massive whenever I was in that area (from memory it was somewhere in that bit between Leftfield and the Pyramid, on the left hand side if approaching the pyramid, but I might be wrong on that) I will definitely give it a shot this year though.

Edit: Just found them on insta and that’s exactly where they were located:

C393B796-D80A-45BC-B9F7-1C41F6EC6C03.png

0DEEAAEE-A3CC-401C-AC5A-342CDB16D781.png

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Levitz said:

Can confirm they will be there.  Changing all their signage to the teal and orange geometric design you can see on the website, so don't worry that you can't spot the sunray signs, GG will still be there 😊

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

Can confirm they will be there.  Changing all their signage to the teal and orange geometric design you can see on the website, so don't worry that you can't spot the sunray signs, GG will still be there 😊

Oooh great, will look out for them.

As a vegan, Glastonbury Festival gives me so much choice. Will definitely be having the Vish and Chips again from the Vegan Pyramid as well as buying from many other stalls. Just the thought of it all is making my tummy rumble!

9 hours ago, sime said:

As a vegan, Glastonbury Festival gives me so much choice. Will definitely be having the Vish and Chips again from the Vegan Pyramid as well as buying from many other stalls. Just the thought of it all is making my tummy rumble!

The hemp burgers with more salad than you can shake a large stick at are fantastic from Vegan Pyramid too

• Upvote 1

VFC were at Green Man last year too. Again, a massive queue all weekend. Can confirm it is very good!

Another vote here for Happy Maki. Really enjoyed them at Green Man. Also a big queue most of the time. Tried to go to their place in Brighton before the Little Simz Resident outstore at Chalk, but they were closed unfortunately. 

51 minutes ago, hez said:

VFC were at Green Man last year too. Again, a massive queue all weekend. Can confirm it is very good!

Another vote here for Happy Maki. Really enjoyed them at Green Man. Also a big queue most of the time. Tried to go to their place in Brighton before the Little Simz Resident outstore at Chalk, but they were closed unfortunately. 

Happy Maki is great filling festival grub. A giant rice filled maki roll is the fuel you need.

I live in Brighton, and unfortunately their opening times have always been erratic for some reason. Normally have to queue when it is open though, so not sure why it's closed so often!