Vegan Traders

Bunbow

5 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

Was that the one up the hill by the bar next to the Far Out tent? If so then Yes it was very good.

Yeah that one, incredible stuff.

I've walked past that Bangra bus a thousand times and not eaten there, I will fix that this year.

13 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Yes! I ignored that stand for years because it had fish in the name, but got tipped off to the chickpea curry at End Of The Road and it's a top tier meal, not to be missed!

Anybody who tells you Glastonbury is about the music or the atmosphere or the time getting lairy with your pals is wrong, it's all about the scran.

Yep. I'm not bothered if I miss some music but if I don't get my Goan Fish Curry I'll be fuming.

3 hours ago, fionajm777 said:

As mentioned above in Williams green. And honestly, the dosa is the best festival food I’ve ever had. I think I had it 3 or 4 tones last year 

3 or 4 tonnes!  Wow that's a lot of food - you must really like it!

• Upvote 1

Just now, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Glastonbury comes but once a year, got to load up while you can.

I'm going to Bearded Theory on Thursday and while I'm looking forward to the music, it's the food stalls that pop into my head every 5 minutes or so.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2019 at 1:34 PM, Ashl said:

My favourite is No Bones Jones! Some great Currys there in past (although I'm not Vegan they were I believe), anyone know if that is there this year?

On 5/19/2019 at 1:51 PM, Phoenix Girl said:

Yeah they’re definitely there. I can’t remember where I read it but there’s been loads of talk about them - they seem to be really popular. I’ve never tried anything from them but I’m going to seek them out this year for sure.

On 5/19/2019 at 2:12 PM, gigpusher said:

No bones jones and manic organic are 2 that have lots of options. A lot of the cafes in Greenfields are completely vegan. 

On 5/19/2019 at 10:17 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

No Bones Jones, Manic Organic and Ghandi's Flip Flop are the three main events for me normally, they're all just away from the West Holts stage so I tend to be around there a lot. Highly recommend all three.

I have to declare an interest, but No Bones Jones are amazing. The business is run by my brother-in-law's family, and I've had lots of lovely food from them. Hugh really has a passion for what he's doing which is really inspiring, as well as delicious. 

They have a cook book out soon too: http://www.gwales.com/goto/biblio/en/9781912631063/ 

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.instagram.com/thenobonesjones/

https://www.instagram.com/thefrittershack/?utm_source=ig_embed

No Bones Jones (near Yeoman's Bridge) & the Fritter Shack (near Pyramid) - both incredibly good.

Full disclosure: brother-in-law's family run both stalls. I do always eat there, and not just because it's free to me! 

All of these vegan stalls are making me feel even worse about not being there! 

The food at Glasto is just another thing that makes it so incredible and now I know I'm going to be missing out even more :( As there is no way I'll be eating anything this exciting for the 5 days! 

Also... does anyone know if there are vegan milkshakes available anywhere? 

45 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

At the festival or just somewhere you can go this weekend to get one as consolation for not being there?

I meant at the festival (already planning G '20 ;)

But I'm probably going to have to comfort eat and drink this weekend too 

3 minutes ago, gmb1992 said:

I meant at the festival (already planning G '20 ;)

But I'm probably going to have to comfort eat and drink this weekend too 

I'll keep an eye out. Not personally a milkshake drinker, but always handy to have one with you in case, oh I don't know, Zac Goldsmith is about...

Keep an eye on https://festifood.eu from Wednesday. You can filter it for vegan and veg. The vegan/veg places have a different icon to the regular places so it's easy to find them. Currently only 22 stalls on the site, but come Wednesday when people get on site and start adding stalls, it'll be stuffed with stalls. I'll be updating the site up until the weekend (when I'll be too busy getting on it to bother) and you can keep up to date via twitter if you like (@festifoodsite).