Vegan Traders

Bunbow

http://www.veggies.org.uk/campaigns/vegan/vegan-glastonbury/

It's by no means exhaustive, but this page lists a lot of the vegan regulars, and there's a Twitter page linked on there that is good to follow around the festival.

Glastonbury is amazing for vegan food, even the likes of London and Berlin cannot match the sort of variety and quality that pitches in Pilton each June. There's literally hundreds of stalls, the majority have vegan options, and a very sizeable chunk are veggie and vegan. 

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, Ashl said:

My favourite is No Bones Jones! Some great Currys there in past (although I'm not Vegan they were I believe), anyone know if that is there this year?

Yeah they’re definitely there. I can’t remember where I read it but there’s been loads of talk about them - they seem to be really popular. I’ve never tried anything from them but I’m going to seek them out this year for sure.

Even if they are not totally vegan traders I would say at least 80% possibly more of food vendors will have a vegan options. A lot of the curry places will have vegan currys. Ghandi's Flip Flop and the Thali Cafe definitely have options. 

Happy Maki the sushi place on William's Green definitely has vegan options. The mezze place at the park will probably have enough vegan options to make a meal. 

No bones jones and manic organic are 2 that have lots of options. A lot of the cafes in Greenfields are completely vegan. 

No Bones Jones, Manic Organic and Ghandi's Flip Flop are the three main events for me normally, they're all just away from the West Holts stage so I tend to be around there a lot. Highly recommend all three.

Veggies in the Greenfields (just over the railway line from the track the afforementioned three are on, do a simple veggie burger which somehow tastes a thousand times better than any other simple veggie burger and I don't know why but it is. I seem to discover something new and delicious in the Greenfields every year, just mosey around.

Greenpeace cafe does a lovely plate of breakfast, as does the Tor rugby club which is just outside the Pyramid field, and the Avalon cafe.

Last year at Green Man I ate at a place which I think was called Flavours of Africa, I've never spotted them at Glastonbury but they had a string of awards from some publication or other for best food at Glastonbury about 3 years running. And holy shit it's amazing stuff. All the stuff they had at Green Man was vegan, unsure if they change it up though. I had spinach curry, jollof rice, fried plantain and hot sauce, went back about 3 times across the weekend for more. I think they said they pitch somewhere in Silver Hayes, it's my mission to find them again this year.

The Lebanese Mezze up in the Park do a vegan plate of about 6 items which are all delicious. The baba ganoush in particular tastes a gift from on high.

• Upvote 2

The tikka dhal and rice at the Goan Fish Curry stall is absolutely bloody great, as a carnivore I order it above the actual fish curry they’re named for cos it’s so good. I’m planning a vegan day on the Thursday and that’ll definitely be getting nosebagged ??

9 hours ago, balti-pie said:

The tikka dhal and rice at the Goan Fish Curry stall is absolutely bloody great, as a carnivore I order it above the actual fish curry they’re named for cos it’s so good. I’m planning a vegan day on the Thursday and that’ll definitely be getting nosebagged ??

Yes! I ignored that stand for years because it had fish in the name, but got tipped off to the chickpea curry at End Of The Road and it's a top tier meal, not to be missed!

Anybody who tells you Glastonbury is about the music or the atmosphere or the time getting lairy with your pals is wrong, it's all about the scran.

1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Yes! I ignored that stand for years because it had fish in the name, but got tipped off to the chickpea curry at End Of The Road and it's a top tier meal, not to be missed!

Anybody who tells you Glastonbury is about the music or the atmosphere or the time getting lairy with your pals is wrong, it's all about the scran.

Yes the food is amazing. I'm veggie as well and I sometimes struggle to decide what to have because there is so much choice. 

Thank for all these suggestions to try this year.

Another recommendation for Happy Maki from me. Delicious vegan sushi. They have a shop in Brighton I frequent.

I doubt that most would even notice the difference unless you told them it was vegan. Really good stuff. 

Edited by Sku

14 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Still waiting to hear if my favourite eatery on site, The Bhangra Bus will be there again...

I heard someone mention that on the Glastocast podcast and sounded ace- whereabouts is it normally located?

Vegan Pyramid are there.
Will have Vegan tofish & chips, wraps. Their food is great.
They have moved thought this year, will be in Saxon Markets, Ash Bridge, the road to the right side of The Other stage.

Image is an example Menu.

49499974_1221741391324637_6748280202050142208_n.jpg

Edited by Dukeicon
  • Upvote 2

I really enjoyed the Vegan Pyramid last year, I kept going back time after time. Happy Maki always on my list, glad they have the restaurant in Brighton. Of the ones I have not tried I have heard great things about Club Mexicana and I shall be checking them out for sure. That Vegan Glastonbury page was a revelation and a great read. 

17 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Last year at Green Man I ate at a place which I think was called Flavours of Africa, I've never spotted them at Glastonbury but they had a string of awards from some publication or other for best food at Glastonbury about 3 years running. And holy shit it's amazing stuff. All the stuff they had at Green Man was vegan, unsure if they change it up though. I had spinach curry, jollof rice, fried plantain and hot sauce, went back about 3 times across the weekend for more. I think they said they pitch somewhere in Silver Hayes, it's my mission to find them again this year.

Was that the one up the hill by the bar next to the Far Out tent? If so then Yes it was very good.

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 10:08 AM, fionajm777 said:

Dosa deli and Happy Maki will be there...two of my favs!! 

Hey Fiona, where are these based as I haven't noticed either over the past 10 years!!!!!

TA x

39 minutes ago, reallife said:

Hey Fiona, where are these based as I haven't noticed either over the past 10 years!!!!!

TA x

As mentioned above in Williams green. And honestly, the dosa is the best festival food I’ve ever had. I think I had it 3 or 4 tones last year 

• Like 1