Wednesday Arrival

Bunbow

4 minutes ago, Bunbow said:

Morning all. Our train gets in to Castle Cary at 11am on the Wednesday... are we doomed to wait a very long time for shuttle/ entry? Unfortunately we're unable to leave any earlier this year so booked the first train we could get.

Nah, I've been at CC train station around 11am on Wednesday before (in 2016...so one would expect that's the worst it could possibly be, given the mud) and I waited max one hour I think (maybe 1.5). The fact that I don't remember the exact time shows that it really wasn't so bad

5 minutes ago, Bunbow said:

Morning all. Our train gets in to Castle Cary at 11am on the Wednesday... are we doomed to wait a very long time for shuttle/ entry? Unfortunately we're unable to leave any earlier this year so booked the first train we could get.

i would say its on the latter end of the peak period so queues will have started getting smaller by then .... but there are lots of outside influences that can cause disruption to this 

3 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Nah, I've been at CC train station around 11am on Wednesday before (in 2016...so one would expect that's the worst it could possibly be, given the mud) and I waited max one hour I think (maybe 1.5). The fact that I don't remember the exact time shows that it really wasn't so bad

2016 was the easiest & quickest entry in the festival I have had. No queue really, just "get in"

3 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

2016 was the easiest & quickest entry in the festival I have had. No queue really, just "get in"

Oh, ok, oops! I assumed because of the traffic on the way in, the shuttle buses might have been caught up in that somewhat. Although I guess they take a different route to the cars?

When we arrived at site for sure it was a quick ushering in through the gate

26 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Oh, ok, oops! I assumed because of the traffic on the way in, the shuttle buses might have been caught up in that somewhat. Although I guess they take a different route to the cars?

When we arrived at site for sure it was a quick ushering in through the gate

There was a queue to get in the car park. We nomally get in the car park around 5am ish. We normally pitch up at about 10.

We were about a mile away at 5, but didnt get in the car park til 8. We walked straight in from the car. No queue.

Sorry, just going to hijack this thread a bit for a related question....

I have zero experience of arriving by car. We always camp in Pylon, so there's no issues with needing to arrive super early to save a space, but my friends are wondering what the optimum time is for arriving by car in terms of queue length. Is there an optimum time? I would expect that the queues are frightening earlier on (when they open the gate) and then peter out, but do they actually get longer around midday/early afternoon?

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Sorry, just going to hijack this thread a bit for a related question....

I have zero experience of arriving by car. We always camp in Pylon, so there's no issues with needing to arrive super early to save a space, but my friends are wondering what the optimum time is for arriving by car in terms of queue length. Is there an optimum time? I would expect that the queues are frightening earlier on (when they open the gate) and then peter out, but do they actually get longer around midday/early afternoon?

Thanks!

We set up camp for a mate, he always comes later. He's aiming for about 2pm as it should have died down a lot.