Carlsberg Tuborg will not be at Glastonbury 2019

glasto-worker

9 hours ago, phillyfaddle said:

Burrow Hill is lovely. I always go for the medium. And do try the hot n spicy.....literally saved lives in 2005, 2007 and 2016 

I love it too. I have 20 litres of it at home to take to Bearded Theory!

IMG-20190519-WA0000.jpeg

Edited by Johnnyseven
  • Like 1

If you like Burrows Hill you will love this cider as well. It’s Cornish cider, made on the farm that the apples are grown on. The point I mentioned above about ordering your own mix applies here a well. You can buy bottles of medium and you can buy flagons or bags in a box of your own mix of sweet and dry. My preferred mix is c15% sweet 85% dry. It tastes like a dryish medium burrow hill. You can order on line and let them know what you want.

303242A2-4F3C-409B-AEF8-E84D9F1751BB.jpeg

Edited by chuckles07
Spelling
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Woffy said:

I’m currently posting from the loo after trying that Wyld Wood still cider I bought from Tescos yesterday to trial it for the festival after someone on here somewhere recommended it. 

Never again.

(Drinking the entire 3L box didn’t help, mind)

Edit: just done a search and - ironically / appropriately - it was @actionstationswho recommended it!

Oh god... sorry, I guess? I guess if you’re not used to it it can be a bit intense... hopefully you had a goodish evening anyway! In future, best enjoyed... er... more gradually, perhaps!

14 minutes ago, chuckles07 said:

If you like Burrows Hill you will love this cider as well. It’s Cornish cider, made on the farm that the apples are grown on. The point I mentioned above about ordering your own mix applies here a well. You can buy bottles of medium and you can buy flagons or bags in a box of your own mix of sweet and dry. My preferred mix is c15% sweet 85% dry. It tastes like a dryish medium burrow hill. You can order on line and let them know what you want.

303242A2-4F3C-409B-AEF8-E84D9F1751BB.jpeg

I'll give them a try.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'll give them a try.

Great. I would like to know how you get on. They are a recent discovery for me as well so still figuring out best mix and also volume / container type of purchase

3 minutes ago, chuckles07 said:

Great. I would like to know how you get on. They are a recent discovery for me as well so still figuring out best mix and also volume / container type of purchase

Am I being thick? I can't see where to get a custom mix. I'm on this page:

http://www.haywoodfarmcider.co.uk/Haywood_farm_cider_shop.html

9 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Am I being thick? I can't see where to get a custom mix. I'm on this page:

http://www.haywoodfarmcider.co.uk/Haywood_farm_cider_shop.html

No not at all. Sorry for not being clearer, what they said to me is that you can make the order and email them or phone them. I was down there recently and visited the farm and bought stuff physically. The French (I think) lady in the shop, does the order admin and appears to be the person who pours from the barrel as well. She is the one who who suggested my mix when I said what I liked - I had had a bottle of the medium in a  restaurant. It’s a small operation. I would give them a call and have a chat and they can advise what is best. 

Edit. Just thinking on of course I suppose we could order separate quantities of each and mix it ourselves ?

Edited by chuckles07

3 hours ago, chuckles07 said:

It’s a lovely cider. I recommend that you try a half and half mix of dry and medium.  I find the dry really hard work but mixed in with medium it’s fantastic.  Bar will happily mix any combination for you. Last time I was talking to a local who had his own 75/25 mix ?

Ooh - almost like a cocktail! ? Will give that a go ?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, actionstations said:

Oh god... sorry, I guess? I guess if you’re not used to it it can be a bit intense... hopefully you had a goodish evening anyway! In future, best enjoyed... er... more gradually, perhaps!

I think the real victims in all this we're the poor souls who had to read my drunken babbling on here last night. 

So maybe I should give it another try before the end of next month! :) 

9 hours ago, majormajormajor said:

What's the reason why they always use Danish lager? Not that I have an issue with it, just curious... 

its not always it all depends how long you have been attending.

There is only a few beer Companies who are able to supply the quantity that is required and these days the draft comes in Tankers { provided there is space } 

If Glastonbury was in Scotland then it would be Tennent's Lager and if Glastonbury was in Ireland then it would be Heineken Lager - there was a commercial war over many years between mainly Carlsberg and Carling { and various other Companies but they were the main two } and Carling decided to focus on smaller events.

Each year you will see posts ' why don't they sell X - Y and Z ? ' but none of these Companies is able to guarantee the quantity that is required over a certain time frame.

its a Commercial decision that will never please everyone.

Being a lager drinker I have always avoided Carlsberg Tuborg but the new Carlsberg Danish Pilsner is not bad at all - note shot below was not taking at Glastonbury.  

2007-read-34.thumb.jpg.92809df38d0d7de2c6d0c43778556436.jpg

16 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

well if I was in charge and it does screw up then this so called EPOS expert will be dragged out his tent and made to bloody fix it.

I have only seen one system that worked amazingly well but that was at London Stadium {The Stadium at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park} and must have cost a fortune but with pints costing from £6.40 to over £8 they can afford a fancy system.

I have seen various systems where they claim its the Dogs Bollocks but when it was put under test at various events it just could not cope under the pressure so I want to see the system in action before I make my mind up.

I've posted elsewhere (food thread?) about The Stones at Stratford this time last year, and how I was there watching a bar with someone who knows their onions.

I seem to remember the Card/Phone/We Don't Take No Cash bars had a problem at the start. They opened and then couldn't get their EPOS to work (You'd think that they'd have done a test first). You had to go up a tier or two to find a bar that took cash.

Maybe it was just that single bar that had problems though.

You'd think The Olympic Stadium would have all of that tech in place, but 2012 is 3/4 of a decade ago now. I'm sure West Ham have no problems there (taking cash wise anyway).

With The Stones though, their current contract might have insisted on their own sponsored bars. With beer that had their lip logo on every bubble produced by said beer ;).

Forty different T-Shirts they were selling ffs! From shops in the middle of the arena/pitch ffs! Spoiling everybodys view ffs!

6 hours ago, MrZigster said:

I've posted elsewhere (food thread?) about The Stones at Stratford this time last year, and how I was there watching a bar with someone who knows their onions.

I seem to remember the Card/Phone/We Don't Take No Cash bars had a problem at the start. They opened and then couldn't get their EPOS to work (You'd think that they'd have done a test first). You had to go up a tier or two to find a bar that took cash.

Maybe it was just that single bar that had problems though.

You'd think The Olympic Stadium would have all of that tech in place, but 2012 is 3/4 of a decade ago now. I'm sure West Ham have no problems there (taking cash wise anyway).

With The Stones though, their current contract might have insisted on their own sponsored bars. With beer that had their lip logo on every bubble produced by said beer ;).

Forty different T-Shirts they were selling ffs! From shops in the middle of the arena/pitch ffs! Spoiling everybodys view ffs!

I have a photo of that queue you were in - No it was not that bar that had the cracking system - they had a bar outside on that forecourt where we met but ' it was facing the stadium ' so dead easy to miss - I was dead surprised they were still using kegs as that big bar did have room for a Tanker - all those bars ' they clearly don't trust their staff hence why they don't take cash' - anyway will be in touch soon to arrange a meet on Tuesday 25/6 at the Bread and Roses.