Carlsberg Tuborg will not be at Glastonbury 2019

glasto-worker

I was at a WBC Organiser Planning meeting yesterday 

Carlsberg Tuborg will not be at Glastonbury 2019 - I am sure many will be glad of that - I have been banging onto the WBC for years to sell normal Carlsberg. 

it will be Carlsberg Danish Pilsner - two versions of Cider with Burrow Hill Cider being cheaper !!! 

A new version of the paper cup will be used. 

No plastic bottled water - they will be selling water in a tin

no details of the prices yet as I know ' they don't fix the prices until next Month '

as I mentioned elsewhere some of the WBC Bars will be revamped 

and the big thing is ' they are ditching the old card system ' for a hard wired system so you wont see servers standing on tables to get a connection.

some bars will be using a new EPOS system - its a trial to see if it works at Glastonbury.

• Upvote 15

1 hour ago, glasto-worker said:

I was at a WBC Organiser Planning meeting yesterday 

Carlsberg Tuborg will not be at Glastonbury 2019 - I am sure many will be glad of that - I have been banging onto the WBC for years to sell normal Carlsberg. 

it will be Carlsberg Danish Pilsner - two versions of Cider with Burrow Hill Cider being cheaper !!! 

A new version of the paper cup will be used. 

No plastic bottled water - they will be selling water in a tin

no details of the prices yet as I know ' they don't fix the prices until next Month '

as I mentioned elsewhere some of the WBC Bars will be revamped 

and the big thing is ' they are ditching the old card system ' for a hard wired system so you wont see servers standing on tables to get a connection.

some bars will be using a new EPOS system - its a trial to see if it works at Glastonbury.

Better news than hearing madonna doing a secret set.....

1 hour ago, anditmakesmesmile said:

Any alcohol-free or low-alcohol (0.5%) options?

it was more a Production meeting to do with setting up the bars so minor details is not relevant to us so they did not go though the full list of what will be on sale - up to now there has not been much demand for low-alcohol or alcohol-free so I would doubt it but there is many other bar Operators { some of the smaller bars } so you never know.

18 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Looks like four days at the Brothers Bar for me...

<Packs Rennies>

So Burrow Hill isn't good.....?

The amount of Glasto booze there currently is in the basement would suggest this shouldn't be too much of an issue, but I'll need to buy some at some point! Will need to make strategic notes of all the places selling alternatives

8 minutes ago, jonnyisRFC said:

Never heard of burrow hill cider, a quick google search doesn’t tell me much either! Gutted there won’t be any thatchers this year. 

Burrow Hill is what you get at the Cider Bus. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jonnyisRFC said:

Unbelievably, in the 5 Glastonbury Festivals I’ve been to, I’ve never had a drink at the cider bus ??

Is Burrow Hill any good then??

It's for "experienced" cider drinkers. In other words, don't go straight for the dry. Presumably, it will just be the medium cider at the WBC bars.

Personally, I'm utterly delighted. It's real, proper scrumpy cider, and as such is not to everyone's taste, but I bloody love the stuff and expect to be buying it more than any other pint.

Edited by stuartbert two hats
Added "scrumpy"

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It's for "experienced" cider drinkers. In other words, don't go straight for the dry. Presumably, it will just be the medium cider at the WBC bars.

Personally, I'm utterly delighted. It's real, proper scrumpy cider, and as such is not to everyone's taste, but I bloody love the stuff and expect to be buying it more than any other pint.

Sounds good to me!

44 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

So Burrow Hill isn't good.....?

The amount of Glasto booze there currently is in the basement would suggest this shouldn't be too much of an issue, but I'll need to buy some at some point! Will need to make strategic notes of all the places selling alternatives

Oh I drink BH just fine from the bus. I was thinking about the Carlsberg.

2 minutes ago, phillyfaddle said:

Burrow Hill is lovely. I always go for the medium. And do try the hot n spicy.....literally saved lives in 2005, 2007 and 2016 

Oh, great news!

It sounds from the OP @Glastoworker2017 that both that and mallets will be available in most bars.....or will the BH just be in certain locations?

1 minute ago, deebeedoobee said:

With more burrow hill on sale  - thank the lord there are more long drops this year.

Haha ok, is this just because you'll be inclined to drink more?

Just now, Sasperella said:

Oh, great news!

It sounds from the OP @Glastoworker2017 that both that and mallets will be available in most bars.....or will the BH just be in certain locations?

Haha ok, is this just because you'll be inclined to drink more?

Ha no I can’t stand the stuff. It’s more to help out those people who drink it and find out the effect on their arse after a few pints. Not pretty.