Bristol to the festival

stylishkids

Bit of advice needed

Coming down from Leeds to the festival and the train gets into Bristol at 1238 on the Wednesday. Getting the train back from Bristol at 1200 on the Monday. All that travel is booked. It’s the travel to the festival in between I’m wondering about...

Was going to get the 1330 national express from Bristol to Glastonbury. Gets there at 1445. That journey is still available. Seems incredibly overpriced at £26 for a single journey but there’s still seats available on the national express site. On the way back on Monday we were going to get the 0830 or 0930 coach back. The problem is, that has sold out. Only journey available is the 0700 coach which gets us into Bristol at 0845 which is was too early. How would people recommend I get back to Bristol?

Was looking at the bus, the GF3 which is advertised on the Glastonbury site. Anyone have any past experience of this? Would we be waiting long if we got there, say 0830 on the Monday? Would we be able to get a trolley on there with our bags, tent and sleeping bags strapped on? What about the train? Doable if we set off at a similar time? Should booked the national express when I booked the train I know but unfortunately that option has now passes so a bit stumped at the moment ? 

Have a look at the regular scheduled bus service between Bristol and Glastonbury Town - service 376

https://www.firstgroup.com

Buses leave roughly every half hour during the day and take about an hour 10 minutes from Bristol to Glastonbury. Not sure of the fare but think its about £6 to £7. Get off at Glastonbury Town hall and from there get the Shuttle bus to the festival £4 single

The scheduled buses are normally not that busy as the locals don't tend to use them as much when the festival is on so you should have no problem getting rucksacks and sleeping bags on. The Shuttle buses can get very busy early Wednesday morning but by the afternoon you should be fine

I've used both services to get to the festival and find they are much cheaper than the official services. On;y trouble can be if you get big traffic congestion between Bristol and Glastonbury you can be sat on the bus for a long time - but to be honest that is the same whichever form of bus you are on

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, phil the shrew said:

Have a look at the regular scheduled bus service between Bristol and Glastonbury Town - service 376

https://www.firstgroup.com

Buses leave roughly every half hour during the day and take about an hour 10 minutes from Bristol to Glastonbury. Not sure of the fare but think its about £6 to £7. Get off at Glastonbury Town hall and from there get the Shuttle bus to the festival £4 single

The scheduled buses are normally not that busy as the locals don't tend to use them as much when the festival is on so you should have no problem getting rucksacks and sleeping bags on. The Shuttle buses can get very busy early Wednesday morning but by the afternoon you should be fine

I've used both services to get to the festival and find they are much cheaper than the official services. On;y trouble can be if you get big traffic congestion between Bristol and Glastonbury you can be sat on the bus for a long time - but to be honest that is the same whichever form of bus you are on

Cheers Phil! 

Would you recommend doing the same on the way back? Did it take you long on the return journey? Not fussed about a big traffic congestion on the way there as I could rock up to Glastonbury anytime but on the way back would need to be in Bristol for midday. 

24 minutes ago, stylishkids said:

Cheers Phil! 

Would you recommend doing the same on the way back? Did it take you long on the return journey? Not fussed about a big traffic congestion on the way there as I could rock up to Glastonbury anytime but on the way back would need to be in Bristol for midday. 

I've only ever done the return on the Shuttle bus on Sunday, but think you should be ok getting back to Bristol for 12pm using the Shuttle and and local bus service. First Shuttle of the day leaves the site at 7am and is then hourly. Generally speaking traffic from Glastonbury Town back to Bristol should be ok around that time although I'd leave plenty of time just in case. 

• Upvote 1