Ripple

I am going to my 6th Glastonbury but taking a friend for his first experience of the motherland, I want to show him the sights on Wednesday and Thursday before the real music begins.

I have a few ideas but was seeing if you guys had any must do's that I might not have found myself!

Any suggestions welcome as long as they are clean!

See you in June!

1. Apple Mojito from Cider Bus
  2. Visit the Stone Dragon 
  3. Axe Throwing in Craft Village (wasn’t there in 2017, so fingers crossed it returns)
  4. Pint in the Avalon Bar, then the Helter Skelter 
  5. Observation Deck in T&C fields - good views and no queues like Ribbon Tower 
  6. Death slide in Greenpeace Field !!!

Edited by BL1ND T1G3R

Help them pitch their tent and have a pint of something cool at the nearest bar then set them out on their own for a few hours to find things for themselves. Arrange to meet them later that evening and enjoy all the tales of things they have found. Wandering around the site for the first time is a wonderful experience

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, phil the shrew said:

Help them pitch their tent and have a pint of something cool at the nearest bar then set them out on their own for a few hours to find things for themselves. Arrange to meet them later that evening and enjoy all the tales of things they have found. Wandering around the site for the first time is a wonderful experience

This is great advice. It’s what I would do ?

16 hours ago, ian the worm said:

Don’t plan too much and take over his schedule. Let him discover it all for himself like you did. But gently coax him out of a rubbish bit if you know of a better bit. Remember it’s his festival too. 

I’m taking a newbie as well, I’m hoping he’ll help persuade my missus to explore a bit more!

On 5/18/2019 at 4:20 PM, BL1ND T1G3R said:
  1. Apple Mojito from Cider Bus
  2. Visit the Stone Dragon 
  3. Axe Throwing in Craft Village (wasn’t there in 2017, so fingers crossed it returns)
  4. Pint in the Avalon Bar, then the Helter Skelter 
  5. Observation Deck in T&C fields - good views and no queues like Ribbon Tower 
  6. Death slide in Greenpeace Field !!!

Some great ideas! Thanks

I think the key thing I would do is encourage them to get around the site so maybe set them some challenges to help them do this.

Like take part in an activity in the theatre & circus fields.

Hug a walkabout performer.

See acts on at least 12 stages over the 5 days. 

Go to the healing fields

Don't take them to the bit you think they'll like best first or else they may not be as keen to explore much. 

Try food from every continent. 

On 5/18/2019 at 8:01 PM, phil the shrew said:

Agree wholeheartedly, nothing like seeing everything for the first time, especially seeing what THEY want to see and not what YOU want them to see!  Its a beautiful thing indeed!

On 5/18/2019 at 4:49 PM, ian the worm said:

Don’t plan too much and take over his schedule. Let him discover it all for himself like you did. But gently coax him out of a rubbish bit if you know of a better bit. Remember it’s his festival too. 

Great words ian, plus they'll probably find some mad stuff that us lot haven't even seen before. It's a big place nowadays.