The 2019 T-Shirt Thread.....

BL1ND T1G3R

I don't think anyone's told New Model Army or Ferocious Dog fans the rules.

I'm somewhat amazed that people plan tshirts to wear, you people are far mlre organised than me. I'll grab 6 tshirts while I'm packing with no thought about which ones they are.

9 minutes ago, MrHew said:

I'm somewhat amazed that people plan tshirts to wear, you people are far mlre organised than me. I'll grab 6 tshirts while I'm packing with no thought about which ones they are.

6 t-shirts! Clean freak! 

50 minutes ago, Woffy said:

6 t-shirts! Clean freak! 

Ha. I'm of an age where a fresh tshirt at a festival is akin to fresh bedding at home.

18 year old me who'd wear one tshirt for the duration, would despair.

Edited by MrHew

2 hours ago, BluePaul said:

Benny is of course absolutely correct, both in his response to @Skelts' original query and with his 'different day' rider.  It goes without saying that wearing a shirt on the same day as the band are playing - even if you are not going to see them - should be avoided.

@bennyhana22 - quick question from me if I may because you are obviously a man who appreciates the importance of these things.  My son currently works in the building that was once Strawberry Studios in Stockport, where a great number of classic albums were recorded - including Joy Division's Unknown Pleasures.  Is he ok to wear a t-shirt with the album's iconic graphic on it when he goes to work?  It's pushing it a bit I think...

Hmmm...

Excellent question, @BluePaul, and not as cut and dried as one might think.

I think age is an important variable in this equation. How old is the young fella?

Ben

27 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Hmmm...

Excellent question, @BluePaul, and not as cut and dried as one might think.

I think age is an important variable in this equation. How old is the young fella?

Ben

Well he’s got a job, so he’s old enough to know better. 

You've gone soft, Benjamin. ?

7 hours ago, BluePaul said:

He’s 29.  And yes, should be old enough to know better!

Oh dear. And there was me trying to be benevolent to the Youth Of Today™.

Y'know, if he'd been 18/19, I'd have applauded his burgeoning musical sophistication. Please advise your son to get it orf!!!

Ben

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Gonna get one printed which tells people I'm in the top 8 of the efestivals leaderboard, so they know what sort of big fucking deal they're blessed to be in the presence of. I expect more than a few people will quiver and bow in my presence.

There's a leaderboard?! Who's winning?

20 hours ago, MrHew said:

One day* Ben will get along to Bearded Theory or Beautiful Days on a day when NMA and FD are both playing and he will implode.

*never going to happen.

The wearing a band shirt on a different day worries me. What if you found out they were doing a secret set? You couldn't go.

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

I saw someone in 2017 wearing this. Shame there's no death penalty anymore. We should bring it back. 

the-man-the-legend-t-shirt.jpg

Reminds me of the pedantic Richard Herring rant about a man he saw in a ‘Give me head ‘til i’m Dead’ t-shirt, and the impracticalities of doing so 

Edited by Homer

2 hours ago, MoilyX said:

Stolen from the 'meeds, but this is a shirt to put the fear of god in anyone and everyone whilst on the farm...

https://frontleft.net/products/glastonbury-manic-refresh-tee

045CA285-6989-4B6E-B851-786C27F85A03.png

Ahaha...brutal

I have no planned t-shirts, but we have decided to wear sequins in kylie day. Does @bennyhana22 have rules for that which extend past "just, no"?

There’ll be an efests one, my Carter Glasto 92 one, just in last few mins bought a Doonicans one off the man himself, probably the one from 16 cos I like the design and a couple of other random ones. 

It is of course going to be hot enough to only need a T-shirt 

3 hours ago, The Nal said:

I saw someone in 2017 wearing this. Shame there's no death penalty anymore. We should bring it back. 

the-man-the-legend-t-shirt.jpg

My brother proudly came home with this shirt the first time he was allowed to get the bus into town with his mates unsupervised, aged about 11. That's about the oldest you'd expect somebody to be at this level of sense of humour.

*cracks knuckles*

So far I have shortlisted:

x1 James daisy t-shirt (blue)

x1 KLF pyramid blaster long-sleeve (black)

x1 KLF 'What Time Is Love?' t-shirt, colour TBC

x1 King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard 'Flying Microtonal Banana' t-shirt (yellow)

x1 Bjork 'Crystaline' t-shirt (red)

And you know who can tell me what t-shirts I'll be wearing at a festival? 

No bastard.