The 2019 T-Shirt Thread.....

BL1ND T1G3R

Gonna get one printed which tells people I'm in the top 8 of the efestivals leaderboard, so they know what sort of big fucking deal they're blessed to be in the presence of. I expect more than a few people will quiver and bow in my presence.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Skelts said:

Can’t disagree with this. Where do you stand on wearing one festivals shirt to a different festival? Was it acceptable for me to wear my Glasto 2017 shirt at Beautiful Days 2018??

This is entirely acceptable. 

In addition, it’s considered good form to wear a band t-shirt to a festival on a different day to that which the band are playing. This can generate pleasing comments along the lines of “hey mate, nice t-shirt. I saw them yesterday an’ they was mint” etc. Extra kudos is gained if the band in question is nicely obscure and relatively unknown. 

I don’t make the rules**

Ben

**I mean, I do, as everyone knows. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

:D 

I remember the rules from my youth in the 1990s.  These days, as a 40 something, I've no business in wearing band tshirts at all. All my clobber comes from the supermarket!

But, but, F&F and George are two of my favourite bands. 

9 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Gonna get one printed which tells people I'm in the top 8 of the efestivals leaderboard, so they know what sort of big fucking deal they're blessed to be in the presence of. I expect more than a few people will quiver and bow in my presence.

Loving this weird archery themed boast-post. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

@dentaIpIanwill laugh in your puny face.

46 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

This is entirely acceptable. 

In addition, it’s considered good form to wear a band t-shirt to a festival on a different day to that which the band are playing. This can generate pleasing comments along the lines of “hey mate, nice t-shirt. I saw them yesterday an’ they was mint” etc. Extra kudos is gained if the band in question is nicely obscure and relatively unknown. 

I don’t make the rules**

Ben

**I mean, I do, as everyone knows. 

Benny is of course absolutely correct, both in his response to @Skelts' original query and with his 'different day' rider.  It goes without saying that wearing a shirt on the same day as the band are playing - even if you are not going to see them - should be avoided.

@bennyhana22 - quick question from me if I may because you are obviously a man who appreciates the importance of these things.  My son currently works in the building that was once Strawberry Studios in Stockport, where a great number of classic albums were recorded - including Joy Division's Unknown Pleasures.  Is he ok to wear a t-shirt with the album's iconic graphic on it when he goes to work?  It's pushing it a bit I think...

Just now, fatyeti24 said:

Weird innit.  I've never met the guy, but going to Glastonbury knowing he's not there is like your first day at school and leaving your mum at the gates.

...and your mum knowing, without fail, exactly what time all your lessons and breaks were, in which classroom, with which teacher. 

13 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Fuck these rules man.

Well, yeah, and to be fair Stu I fucking dare any man here to tell any woman at Janelle Monae at West Holts they shouldn’t be wearing a Janelle Monae t-shirt. See how that works out for them.