The 2019 T-Shirt Thread.....

BL1ND T1G3R

Sorry if I’m stepping on anyone’s toes who usually post this thread but I loved this topic over the years and with just over 5 weeks to go I thought I’d better post.

Pulled out my trusty Editors 2010 World Tour T today and cannot wait to wear it at the festival again.

What other funky t-shirts will be going down on the farm?

Just my kind of threads :) so I have the Michael eavis autographed by Emily so im hoping to add the main man .... obviously the newly purchased efestivals one .... don't forget to purchase one folks ( money to help fund this site ) ..... and on the right my own love the farm leave no trace designed t-shirt .... will be hopefully getting a  worthy warriors one printed at the farm :) 

IMG_3610.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Work out which bands are your ‘must sees’. 

Wear one of those bands official t-shirts to their set. 

Take selfies with said bands and t-shirts in shot. 

Send photos to @bennyhana22

Gaze towards dance area to see mushroom cloud as Ben’s brain explodes brighter than the fireworks on the opening and closing night, combined. 

Edit: lack of apostrophes intentional, just to really send him over the edge. 

Edited by Woffy
  • Upvote 10

Got the TPD TV and SWHBB? shirts ready to go

Plus OKNOTOK shirt that I got from Radiohead at Old Trafford, Foals shirt that I bought at Birmingham Arena in 2016 and a Strokes top from the HMV sale. Yes, I know none of those bands are playing (except maybe Foals)

59 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Gaze towards dance area to see mushroom cloud as Ben’s brain explodes brighter than the fireworks on the opening and closing night, combined. 

Given that The Thread of Threads™️ has been created for this year, Benny’s T-Shirt Adjudication Parlour is now open for those who would like formal confirmation of acceptability.

Ben

• Upvote 1

The efests shirt for meets, my avatar shirt for Wednesday, a Crow's Nest shirt (thanks Pete Fowler for permission to copy it), my Russian "Don't talk!" propaganda shirt, a shirt for my nano brewery (aka home brew), "Crooked Trail Brew".

1 hour ago, Woffy said:

First rule of Band T-shirt Club:

Band t-shirts can be worn at any time except when actually watching the band in question.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

what if the band is up and coming ? ....

Nope.  In fact, here are The Rules in full:

The Rules

1. One should NEVER wear a band t-shirt at a gig where that band is playing. And one should never, EVER, buy a t-shirt at a gig and then wear that t-shirt over the shirt you came to the gig in.
2. Tour dates on the back of t-shirts are to be avoided. That guy stood behind you really does not need to know that Elbow were playing Manchester Apollo on the 21st of July 2015.
3. It is ok to wear a festival t-shirt at the same festival, but not in the year of purchase. Subsequent years are fine.
4. The fact the t-shirt is, in fact, a band t-shirt, should be as subtle as possible and should be recognised only by fellow travellers, not civilians. I want my Joy Division t-shirt to show the wave pattern only, not to say ‘Unknown Pleasures’ and certainly not ‘Joy Division’.
5. Unless there is a compelling reason otherwise, your band t-shirt should be black. Or white.

These are my rules. You may have other rules, but your rules are wrong.

• Upvote 2

Just now, fatyeti24 said:

And has the name of a month in it?

I was talking generally ... but was trying to work this out the other day my friends and others I spoke to said they hadn't heard of not wearing t-shirts relating to the band to their own gigs ..... but yes it does apply to this band yes 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

I was talking generally ... but was trying to work this out the other day my friends and others I spoke to said they hadn't heard of not wearing t-shirts relating to the band to their own gigs ..... but yes it does apply to this band yes 

:D 

I remember the rules from my youth in the 1990s.  These days, as a 40 something, I've no business in wearing band tshirts at all. All my clobber comes from the supermarket!

Just now, fatyeti24 said:

:D 

I remember the rules from my youth in the 1990s.  These days, as a 40 something, I've no business in wearing band tshirts at all. All my clobber comes from the supermarket!

as a 40 something im too forgetful to remember any rules ... and so must my friends be too :) ... 

29 minutes ago, BluePaul said:

Nope.  In fact, here are The Rules in full:

The Rules

1. One should NEVER wear a band t-shirt at a gig where that band is playing. And one should never, EVER, buy a t-shirt at a gig and then wear that t-shirt over the shirt you came to the gig in.
2. Tour dates on the back of t-shirts are to be avoided. That guy stood behind you really does not need to know that Elbow were playing Manchester Apollo on the 21st of July 2015.
3. It is ok to wear a festival t-shirt at the same festival, but not in the year of purchase. Subsequent years are fine.
4. The fact the t-shirt is, in fact, a band t-shirt, should be as subtle as possible and should be recognised only by fellow travellers, not civilians. I want my Joy Division t-shirt to show the wave pattern only, not to say ‘Unknown Pleasures’ and certainly not ‘Joy Division’.
5. Unless there is a compelling reason otherwise, your band t-shirt should be black. Or white.

These are my rules. You may have other rules, but your rules are wrong.

Can’t disagree with this. Where do you stand on wearing one festivals shirt to a different festival? Was it acceptable for me to wear my Glasto 2017 shirt at Beautiful Days 2018??