Tyler The Creator

xandercs12

2 minutes ago, priest17 said:

He'd smash a JP set. Wasnt he supposed to do 2013 with earl? 

Yeah, he did it without Earl. And didn't smash it.

The lack of other European shows this summer pretty much nixes the idea of him being announced to play next month. There's always next year though.

Edited by dentalplan

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah, he did it without Earl. And didn't smash it.

The lack of other European shows this summer pretty much nixes the idea of him being announced to play next month. There's always next year though.

Good job I cleverly missed out on getting a ticket that year... I saw him around 2014 at manc academy and he was top, I always just assume acts that do well there translate well to the JP tent. I'd love to see some of the flower boy stuff live though.

1 minute ago, priest17 said:

Good job I cleverly missed out on getting a ticket that year... I saw him around 2014 at manc academy and he was top, I always just assume acts that do well there translate well to the JP tent. I'd love to see some of the flower boy stuff live though.

I didn't actually go see it myself but every report I heard or read said it was poor.

Tbf 2013 must have been after Odd Future's peak and before the members realised their individual potential. Tyler back in 2020 with these two strong, mature albums under his belt would be a different thing completely.

• 4 months later...

Would it be a stretch to call him headliner material at Reading/Leeds? At the very least Wireless. Can't see a place for him at G though.

He stunk the JP out back in the day, the very worst of hip-hop live shows. Stopping songs before getting to the end of the verse, no soundchecking, complete lack of enthusiasm. Was marginally better when I saw him a couple of years ago.

• 4 months later...

So I’ve just given IGOR a spin. Really enjoyed it. I’d love to see him back on the farm. I’m currently predicting him to sub the other stage one day.

I checked the press releases for Lovebox and Parklife and there’s no mention that they are the only dates he is doing in the U.K. this summer. Also just won a Brit which is great!

Playing in Dublin the weekend after Glastonbury. The entire weekend is free! Here’s hoping?