Worthy View accommodation not selling??

CeriG

Cheers Barneym. I think in the early days it was more random/ less scheduled and maybe bimbled on a bit longer... anyway I'll definitely try earlier. If only in a vain attempt to get my daughter to stay up later when I'm on duty.. rather than ascend Mount Olympus back to WV straight away.

Edited by Boris

Out of interest only, as I have no intention of actually doing it - Is there anything to prevent you from parking at Worthy View and camping in general ? I just checked against my reg number, I don't have WV accommodation booked but it looks like it will let me buy a WV car parking ticket, is there a further check once you hit buy on see ? Are there other checks in place on arrival ? - Never stayed there.

1 minute ago, The_Amazing_Oblong said:

Out of interest only, as I have no intention of actually doing it - Is there anything to prevent you from parking at Worthy View and camping in general ? I just checked against my reg number, I don't have WV accommodation booked but it looks like it will let me buy a WV car parking ticket, is there a further check once you hit buy on see ? Are there other checks in place on arrival ? - Never stayed there.

I don't think you can pass through Worthy View without staying there, so you'd need to then find your way to Gate D. Sounds more hassle than its worth.

46 minutes ago, The_Amazing_Oblong said:

A WV car park pass will get you into the parking field, but you then have to present the lead booker's WV booking confirmation email, as well as your ticket, at the gate to get into the site. They are very careful with these checks.

Nothing to prevent you from paying for WV accommodation, then camping on the general site....but seems like a waste of money LOL.

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

I think this is the first year there’s been a proper resale.  In the past they have just released them for sale every time a cancellation came in.  

I remember someone saying they did a resale in 2017.... they just don't advertise it as they dont need to. 

1 minute ago, Havors said:

I remember someone saying they did a resale in 2017.... they just don't advertise it as they dont need to. 

Possibly, last time I was there was in 2016. I got main festival tickets in 2017 in the resale and when I e mailed WV about a scout tent they told me to keep checking daily for any unwanted going on sale. Never saw anything.