Worthy View accommodation not selling??

CeriG

So it’s 8 hours later and you can still purchase WV accommodation?  

Thoughts on why it’s not been as popular as previous years?

Having stayed at WV once, personally we have opted for CV East this year as think WV is way too overpriced for what it is.

still shocked that it hasnt sold out yet though. 

I don't think its too expensive, if you break the cost down per person and per day. Prices start from £29.50 which compared to a hotel room in lets say Bath is nothing. (appreciate you get your own bathroom in a hotel). 

My biggest problem with it now is how big it has become, if you are in a tent right up the top its quite some walk to the site let alone to somewhere like the John Peel Tent or Acoustic Tent.

I have a friend who has stayed in WV previously but is joining us in Campervan East this year. She said that the crowds along that side of the festival at the time that she normally wants to go back to her tent were making it really uncomfortable for her. Also, she spends a lot of time at Acoustic, Theatre & Circus and it is a very long walk. She suffers a little with anxiety and the end of the night was becoming quite stressful for her. 

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It's not really at the SE corner though.  It's handy for it but you dont need to pass through it.

No but I think it's just the crowds of people all along the railway line at that time of night. She's usually on her own when she is going back at night so I can see why if you already suffer from anxiety that it could be a bit overwhelming dealing with the drunken crowds particularly if you've had a few yourself as well. 

I guess depending on where you are coming from you can always get caught up in big crowds in the couple of hours after the headliners finish but there are more bottlenecks at that side than there are on the campervan east side. 

19 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It's not really at the SE corner though.  It's handy for it but you dont need to pass through it.

If you leave pyramid or other at end u have to cross railway line on way into se corner I can vouch it can become very crushed trying to get across ..

My wife doesn't like it and if you suffered from anxiety I could understand it would be tough . Once ur across it thins out up towards tipis

57 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

I don't think its too expensive, if you break the cost down per person and per day. Prices start from £29.50 which compared to a hotel room in lets say Bath is nothing. (appreciate you get your own bathroom in a hotel). 

My biggest problem with it now is how big it has become, if you are in a tent right up the top its quite some walk to the site let alone to somewhere like the John Peel Tent or Acoustic Tent.

We are on the furthest row of tents possible last time and compared to 2016 when we were near front of wv it is a long walk at the end of a long day .

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I don't think it's been announced though.  Secret resale basically.

I only twigged yesterday when I went on to buy a parking ticket.

That's it not everyone would know about resale and if you sort your plans you probably can't be bothered trying to find an extra few hundred this close to festival 

1 hour ago, crocodiles said:

If you leave pyramid or other at end u have to cross railway line on way into se corner I can vouch it can become very crushed trying to get across ..

My wife doesn't like it and if you suffered from anxiety I could understand it would be tough . Once ur across it thins out up towards tipis

This is the issue. If you leave after the pyramid then it probably isn’t the best. If you enjoy the Park, Glad and Greenfields (or SE corner) after dark however...

i don’t think you can read anything into the fact it isn’t an instant sell-out. If they had advertised it widely and no response it would be different.

1 hour ago, crocodiles said:

In 2016 it was especially bad around the entrance/crossing to the sacred space . It should be possible to avoid this bottleneck by leaving pyramid etc to the other, then to the park and round the tipi to the hill up to strummerville and WV.  Crossing the railway line through the crowds at that time requires patience and  stewarding.

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

In 2016 it was especially bad around the entrance/crossing to the sacred space . It should be possible to avoid this bottleneck by leaving pyramid etc to the other, then to the park and round the tipi to the hill up to strummerville and WV.  Crossing the railway line through the crowds at that time requires patience and  stewarding.

2016 was very bad now just hang back let crowd move on or thin out a bit . 

I keep arriving at Summerville finding I'm too late and its all closed up for the night. I thought it was supposed to be a nice late night jam sesh with a sofa by the fireside.

4 hours ago, crocodiles said:

And then stop at strummerville for a last one or two just to break up the walk 

1 hour ago, Boris said:

I keep arriving at Summerville finding I'm too late and its all closed up for the night. I thought it was supposed to be a nice late night jam sesh with a sofa by the fireside.

I stumbled across Strummerville in 2016 by accident by following the lights. I think we might have got there by 2am, and stuff was still going on.... And we must have been there until around 4am as we sat and watched the sunrise on the way back to the tent. Maybe they threw us out though, I can't remember!

• Upvote 1

I'll try again. So far I've only succeeded when it was down near the Strummer stone. Well since I'm in WV this year I'll have more attempts. I don't recall it being all that late when I've checked recently.. but it may have been!

20 minutes ago, Boris said:

I'll try again. So far I've only succeeded when it was down near the Strummer stone. Well since I'm in WV this year I'll have more attempts. I don't recall it being all that late when I've checked recently.. but it may have been!

I still have last years app and that lists the last bands as 1-2 so I assume it does wind down after 2. No idea if they still serve beer/play tunes after this tho