Whats the best mobile phone charger?

dibbul

I've got an Anker 20100 big one for the tent and a smaller Anker Powercore 10000 which is good to carry out and about.  They will charge my iphone fully for more than a week and are very sturdy and also affordable.

21 minutes ago, Daveograve said:

Top tip, don’t charge your phone in your tent overnight, once your phone gets to 100%, it will then go down to 99% and charge again and again. The charger won’t last long.

I think this is only the case with older or cheaper ones.

The Anker ones turn off when the battery is charged and you have to push a button on the side to turn it on again.

40 minutes ago, Daveograve said:

Top tip, don’t charge your phone in your tent overnight, once your phone gets to 100%, it will then go down to 99% and charge again and again. The charger won’t last long.

is this strictly true ? i thought decent chargers shut off when something got to 100% to prevent overheating ?

Like many above, I have had an Anker charger for years, and the capacity is so big I have juice left in it by the time I get home after the festival. This is one of their best, it may not be the cheapest, but if you think you'll still be using it by 4th, 5th, 6th year in then it really is a worthwhile investment: https://amzn.to/2HyhYFC 

51A1ovekNLL.jpg

17 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

is this strictly true ? i thought decent chargers shut off when something got to 100% to prevent overheating ?

Yeah I dont experience this with Anker models. Even if it did the larger capacity ones can handle it. Also, when you are asleep, have the phone off, or in airplane mode to reduce battery use. Anker https://amzn.to/2HyhYFC and Rav Power https://amzn.to/2JqRk4K (a friend has the latter) seem to be the most reliable.

18 hours ago, Daveograve said:

Sod that. I've got better things to do than worry about charging my phone during the day. If that's enough charge to worry about, then take an extra charger.

2 hours ago, jumbomcnutt said:

Like many above, I have had an Anker charger for years, and the capacity is so big I have juice left in it by the time I get home after the festival. This is one of their best, it may not be the cheapest, but if you think you'll still be using it by 4th, 5th, 6th year in then it really is a worthwhile investment: https://amzn.to/2HyhYFC 

51A1ovekNLL.jpg

Cheers. My old one is heavier and doesn't hold charge as well. Plus, ordered via the efestivals shop. Win-win.

7 minutes ago, carlosj said:

Cheers. My old one is heavier and doesn't hold charge as well. Plus, ordered via the efestivals shop. Win-win.

Hey I'm gonna order this as well. How do you do through the efestivals shop? 

1 hour ago, bigbilly said:

Hey I'm gonna order this as well. How do you do through the efestivals shop? 

From a phone and browser, click on the 3 lines at the top right of the efestivals page, then drill down to shop, and carry on, looking for amazon.co.uk ('music etc') and go to the website that way. This site then gets x% per transaction.

Edited by carlosj
  • Like 1

I have an Anker one that is quite old and heavy but still works fine

I have an EasyAcc one too which is a bit lighter so can go in my rucksack

I also have a Xiaomi one I bought this year as a back up as going to be on site for a week 

22 hours ago, zico martin said:

I've got a 'big' anker one but am a little worried that as it's a few years old it hasn't got the power it once had. I'm gonna look for a few cheapy ones for more supplementary day time use I think.

Can I recharge any of these batteries anywhere on site?

Why dont you just test your current one now? Charge it up fully, and charge your phone using it for the next few days, see how long it charges for? That will tell you if it still has the power.

I swear by the Aukey 20000, it charges a phone 6 or 7 times, has two inputs and two outputs so you can charge more than one phone at a time if a mate needs a charge as well. Only 22 quid, had one of these for years and never let me down. Kids use them all the time in the car to charge their tablets

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AUKEY-20000-Power-Bank-Smartphone-Black/dp/B0183K0GZC