Bluetooth Speakers

TabulaRasa

Sorry if this is a dumb question. This’ll be my first Glastonbury.

Having just read the official website’s ‘what not to bring’ section, I found this...

I’d like to take my little bluetooth speakers. Not to blast them for all to hear, but for me they’re an essential part of getting ready.

Are they really not allowed? Would they be taken off me if found at the gate?

Thanks!

6B42172A-5CDC-4BAF-83D5-3EBF942A6350.jpeg

I am pretty sure that nobody is going to complain about a Bluetooth speaker. There are far worse banned things smuggled on to site!

That said, I wouldn't bother personally. The festival pretty much have music covered and, depending on the size and where you camp, there's a good chance you won't be able to hear it!.  It also just seems one more unnecessary thing to have to carry and charge. 

No, its to stop the old ravers of the 90s bringing in full sound systems!! It happened! You'll be fine with diddy speakers but don't be a dick with them and actually you may want to swap the space and weight for something more useful, 

20 minutes ago, TabulaRasa said:

Sorry if this is a dumb question. This’ll be my first Glastonbury.

Having just read the official website’s ‘what not to bring’ section, I found this...

I’d like to take my little bluetooth speakers. Not to blast them for all to hear, but for me they’re an essential part of getting ready.

Are they really not allowed? Would they be taken off me if found at the gate?

Thanks!

6B42172A-5CDC-4BAF-83D5-3EBF942A6350.jpeg

a personal speaker is fine, don't worry.

The rule is there to stop big sound systems for public performances.

We're normally in cv east and have had nothing but compliments for our stupidly large sound system, even from the security. Don't worry about it but do be aware of your surrounding campers. Any serious frowns or looks from neighbours mean turn it down immediately however spannered you may be.

To stay on subject, our system is all bluetoothed up which makes for great fun from passers by who are welcome to connect up and stick some tunes on.

On 5/27/2019 at 8:59 PM, clarkete said:

Where are you thinking of camping? 

Most places are near something playing and it can be nice to hear what's drifting in on the wind ?

Camping with the solo polos in Oxlyers.

Its just have a listen to some music when I get up and get ready.

39 minutes ago, TabulaRasa said:

Camping with the solo polos in Oxlyers.

Its just have a listen to some music when I get up and get ready.

I suspect having had a look at a map (I have a poor memory for all the campground names), however loud your speaker is, you may be getting ready to a combination of whatever is on at other or silver hayes, which is no bad thing either :) 

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/line-up-2019/?stage

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/areas/silver-hayes/

Bit late to the party but in 2017 my friends bag way checked and security were iffy about letting us take his UE Boom speaker in (About the side of a large Orange) which shocked us. Some questioning of the decision and pleading allowed us passage with speaker in possession but it was certainly unexpected.