New Arcadia Installation Trailer - Pangea

hmmmloddy

30 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

That's kind of up to them, isn't it?

Ah yes - I'd forgotten about that clause we all have to sign when we move to Pilton that says we can't take photos out of our windows. 

57 minutes ago, Wickedfaerie said:

Ah yes - I'd forgotten about that clause we all have to sign when we move to Pilton that says we can't take photos out of our windows. 

There are lot of things you're not allowed to take photos of from your windows, especially if they're on somebody's private land and you put them online. I'm not allowed to take photos of the woman next door sunbathing in her garden and put them on the internet for example, not since the injunction :D

Anyway, the point is that it's their business and they obviously want to keep an air of mystery about it so that it's a nice surprise for everybody. I like a bit of sleuthing on here as much as the next person, but if they've specifically asked you to stop then they've got every right to really and you should probably respect their wishes.

Edited by bombfrog
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

At some point it's less about what  you can do, and more about what you should do.  Oftentimes it's best to honor a polite request to stop a behavior even if you're legally entitled to continue the behavior.

Regardless, I really enjoyed @Wickedfaerie's panorama photos, and I also look forward to dancing under whatever structure Arcadia is building out in that field.

• Upvote 1

Just to be clear, I did agree to stop taking the photos. However, if you were to take a photo of the woman next door sunbathing and post it, but she already had a webcam pointed at her garden (trying not to type lady garden) for you and the rest of the world to see; and then she also posts a public video in her garden showing everyone how she gets ready to sunbathe; wouldn't you be a little bit baffled if you get the blame for people who might want to peep over her fence? (and possibly break their ankle whilst doing it.)

I don't need to take a photo of Arcadia - I'm lucky enough to be able to see it. I don't take them for the fame or glory; it's simply because I know that before we moved here I would have loved to see photos of the site coming together - it all adds to the excitement. People here have asked for the photos, and we're happy to oblige, and in return we get a warm fuzzy feeling knowing we've helped with the enjoyment of anticipation for the festival. That's all.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Wickedfaerie said:

Just to be clear, I did agree to stop taking the photos. However, if you were to take a photo of the woman next door sunbathing and post it, but she already had a webcam pointed at her garden (trying not to type lady garden) for you and the rest of the world to see; and then she also posts a public video in her garden showing everyone how she gets ready to sunbathe; wouldn't you be a little bit baffled if you get the blame for people who might want to peep over her fence? (and possibly break their ankle whilst doing it.)

I don't need to take a photo of Arcadia - I'm lucky enough to be able to see it. I don't take them for the fame or glory; it's simply because I know that before we moved here I would have loved to see photos of the site coming together - it all adds to the excitement. People here have asked for the photos, and we're happy to oblige, and in return we get a warm fuzzy feeling knowing we've helped with the enjoyment of anticipation for the festival. That's all.

I. Am completely understand your excitement and desire to reveal. If I lived hat close I’d want to tell everyone about it... and not for he fame or glory as you say, just because I am SO invested. Would be even more so if I lived there.

That said I also understand the festival’s POV - to realise what info and visuals they want when they want. 

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

I wonder if they are going to speak to all us villagers who have cameras?

It'll be interesting to find out. I suspect there'll be something mentioned to everyone next year. Sorry if I've put a spanner in the works for you. :)

51 minutes ago, Wickedfaerie said:

It'll be interesting to find out. I suspect there'll be something mentioned to everyone next year. Sorry if I've put a spanner in the works for you. :)

Not at all. I only take a few photos and tend to send them to people privately rather than online. I don't want to post any real spoilers. However I do post photos from the early build stage as that doesn't give anything away really. 

So far I've heard nothing so we'll see 

Now, only just come across this thread and yes, I have had a couple of sunny afternoon ciders, but is this for real?  @Wickedfaerie has been asked to not take photos of Arcadia but we can still zoom in on the BBC webcam and see a big red crane like feature going up?

Bit dramatic I realise but are we living in a police state?

@Wickedfaerie can you not still do the panorama shots and blur Arcadia out and we can just look at the BBC to see that bit?