What are your Top 5 Glasto sets/gigs?

oldmagsy83

? Tough one. Based solely on my memory of my enjoyment levels, I’m going for, in no particular order:

Neil Young, Pyramid (2009)

Hot Chip, WH (2015)

Royal Blood, JP (2014)

Flaming Lips, Park (2017) 

Iggy & The Stooges, Other (2007)

Closely followed by Prodigy, Underworld, Stormzy, Jimmy Cliff, Eddy Grant.....and more!

EDIT: Peatbog Faeries, Avalon....Sat headliner 05 or 07 I think, it was a riot in there!!

Edited by phillyfaddle

3 hours ago, yeomanator said:

Rage Against the Machine 1994

If I could time travel, this would be one of my first stops. I was too young when they were big and they weren't touring by the time I was really going to gigs. Missed their Xmas number 1 thank you gig in the UK and now in two minds as to whether to risk seeing Prophets of Rage.

Whenever we play 'fantasy Glasto lineup' (usually Sunday afternoon after we start drinking all our remaining booze) they are consistently my Pyramid headliners.

1 hour ago, hmmmloddy said:

If I could time travel, this would be one of my first stops. I was too young when they were big and they weren't touring by the time I was really going to gigs.

This still hurts. My mother, little brother and sister went that year, loved the set and he (my brother 9 years old at the time) somehow managed to have his shorts signed by one of them. I was in Canada that summer and they also did Phoenix and Reading that year without me. 

Top 2 is easy, can't put one above the other:

Chic at West Holts 2013, absolute party from start to finish

Blur 2009, just incredible atmosphere, both the band and crowd seemed to know something special was happening.

The rest is a bit trickier, so many to chose from, and for so many different reasons. But the following stand out:

Snoop 2010 - I dare say the weather had a big hand in this, but it was such a good vibe in that crowd

Underworld 2016 - another great party at West Holts

The last one is a bit more obscure, but I would have to say Mundo Jazz the first time I saw them either 2008 or 2009. Became a tradition for a few years to see them Sunday night somewhere over by gate C, can't remember the stage. Not been there for a few years but was always a good laugh.

It's also quite possible that Radiohead 2017 should be in my top 5, I'd built up seeing my favourite band in my favourite place for the first time so much that I got a bit over excited and over indulged and can't remember any of it ?

This could change tomorrow but for now I’ll go with

REM 2003

Bon Iver 2009 (Park)

Blur 2009

Coldplay 2011

Stones 2013

On another day Radiohead 2003, Gaslight Anthem 2009, Flaming Lips/The National/Pet Shop Boys/Stevie 2010, Elbow 2011, Chic 2013, Hot Chip 2015 and LCD 2016 would be in there.

Edited by MEGABOWL

Not as much to choose from as others however:

Foo Fighters 2017

Beans on Toast- Leftfield 2017: great set accompanied with the 2 girls who had written to him about their story and he wrote a song about them, they ended up dancing on stage with him whilst he played their song, such a lovely moment. 

Radiohead 2017

Wolf Alice 2016

First Aid Kit 2017

*special mention to Hobo Jones in 2016 though who started off my first Glastonbury in style in the limited amount of sun that weekend. 

On 5/17/2019 at 2:19 PM, baggienick68 said:

I'm pleased to see all the love for Arthur Lee and Love. Great band. For those that don't know them have a listen to Forever Changes.

I didn’t see them at Glastonbury but caught them at Roskilde, presumably that same year. I was aware of the high regard in which they were held but didn’t know the music. I went and bought ‘Forever changes’ immediately afterwards. The gig was a bit messy (and Arthur Lee kept addressing the Danish crowd as ‘Sweden’) but I realized that the songs were amazing.

2004 Macca- my first Glasto and a fantastic sing along set with fireworks 

2017 Kate Tempest never has a gig caused so much emotion in me

2015 Patti Smith just amazing 

2011 & 2016 Coldplay two very different sets special in different ways for me but I couldn’t choose between them and they don’t deserve to have 2/5

???? Too Many DJs Arcadia right mood right time total experience