What are your Top 5 Glasto sets/gigs?

oldmagsy83

Don't have the same tenure as most on here but:

1 - LCD 2016

2 - Radiohead 2017

3 - Art Garfunkel 2016

4 - Florence + the Machine 2015

5 - RTJ 2015

LCD and Radiohead were by far and away the best and most emotional. While watching both of those sets, I knew I'd remember the moment for the rest of my life. I've seen plenty of incredible sets at other gigs and festivals from all sorts of acts, but those two were spiritual moments more than gigs.

And then Radiohead went and topped it all two weeks later in Manchester.

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

Don't have the same tenure as most on here but:

1 - LCD 2016

2 - Radiohead 2017

3 - Art Garfunkel 2016

4 - Florence + the Machine 2015

5 - RTJ 2015

LCD and Radiohead were by far and away the best and most emotional. While watching both of those sets, I knew I'd remember the moment for the rest of my life. I've seen plenty of incredible sets at other gigs and festivals from all sorts of acts, but those two were spiritual moments more than gigs.

And then Radiohead went and topped it all two weeks later in Manchester.

The radiohead gig in Manchester left a sour taste in my mouth tbh, I was so ready to see them then realised half of the cricket ground had been made for VIP tickets only, I couldnt even see them on stage from where I was and I was as far as I could go without a VIP ticket. Kinda sad when bands do that imo, wont be paying for a gig of their again will only see them at a festiva now. There was also loads of space in the VIP area free too kinda thought they shouuld spill people over but w.e

Edited by Xeph1995

1 minute ago, Xeph1995 said:

The radiohead gig in Manchester left a sour taste in my mouth tbh, I was so ready to see them then realised half of the cricket ground had been made for VIP tickets only, I couldnt even see them on stage from where I was and I was as far as I could go without a VIP ticket. Kinda sad when bands do that imo, wont be paying for a gig of their again will only see them at a festiva now. There was also like two thirds of the VIP area empty.

Was it? I didn't have a VIP ticket and I was at the front. I just had a normal standing ticket.

20 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

In no particular order.

Radiohead 17

Stones 13

Tame Impala 16

LCD Soundsystem 16

Cant decide between Caribou/Hot Chip 15 on West Holts, Arctic Monkeys 13 (first Glastonbury, first headliner, don’t think I’ve ever been so happy), Arcade Fire 14 or Goat on The Park. 

This is a strong list 

9 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Gonna hazard a guess that it's more for the unbelievable atmosphere in that field rather than their actual performance. It was very special.

Well, the performance itself was good (imho) but yeah the atmosphere was insane. I was with four mates and we had been there since 2pm to get a good spot around ten rows from the front. The last hour of their set was immense, mixed with the atmosphere and cheesy as it sounds it was just life affirming. The previous time i had seen them was the back end of Twickenham stadium in 2006 and was pretty crap!

Edited by oldmagsy83

59 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

(I am guessing at years)

1 . Doves (2015)

2. Chas and Dave (2005)

3. Justice (2017)

4. Tom Jones (2010)

5 Stanton warriors (all years they played)

You made me shit myself that I missed this somehow in 2015. They played 09 I think?

Praying they're on the final list for this year.

1. Radiohead 1997

Them in no particular order, just what I can remember today

LCD Soundsystem 2016

Stevie Wonder 2010

Daft Punk 1997

Spiritualized 2002

Chemical Brothers 2015

Radiohead's 97 set changed my life pretty much. Their 03 and 17 sets were incredible too, but different. Annoyed with myself for not seeing Arcade Fire, Metallica, The Verve, probably some others where I was too mashed or just in the wrong place at the time. Stones - pleased I got to see them but was a bit underwhelmed and I know I'm in the minority here.