tumbles

Pangea

1 hour ago, Padjeq said:

The arm of the crane needs to be a flamethrower next year.

This. And spark showers out the sides, or maybe wings - actually why not both? Also RGB strobes of the type that can pretend to be more innocent until BOOM

51 minutes ago, frostypaw said:

This. And spark showers out the sides, or maybe wings - actually why not both? Also RGB strobes of the type that can pretend to be more innocent until BOOM

Aerial performers suspended from the crane - loved the drama of them plucking a planted 'crowd member' and getting them onto a wire. 

There were mini spiders on wires around the spider - something like that would be good, perhaps several swarming the crane. 

Some platforms with the lightning bolt things on would be great - perhaps people situated on the arms of the crane with them? 

Whatever is added, it's the little additions that really add most to the overall experience - you want an audience to look around and find something new and interesting every where they look. I remember in 2017 not being sure what I should be looking at during the metamorphosis show. 

It was clearly quite a last minute thing, the fact that they cancelled their Arcadia show in London which was scheduled for May at relatively short notice, just shows they bit off a lot more than they could chew. That’s further highlighted by the fact that they’ve only just painted it and applied for planning after the festival.

Given a whole year I’d be willing to bet they come up with something special for next year. That said I really liked the rotating part and the fact that you could see it from really far away. Despite it still just being a crane I was mesmerised by it when I got underneath it.

A big mirror ball with lasers & flame throwers....

33 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

It was clearly quite a last minute thing, the fact that they cancelled their Arcadia show in London which was scheduled for May at relatively short notice, just shows they bit off a lot more than they could chew. That’s further highlighted by the fact that they’ve only just painted it and applied for planning after the festival.

Given a whole year I’d be willing to bet they come up with something special for next year. That said I really liked the rotating part and the fact that you could see it from really far away. Despite it still just being a crane I was mesmerised by it when I got underneath it.

I see it as theyve painted it afterwards on purpose, just because of the planning permission. 

I’m glad they did. The crane in its original  colours would have been an eyesore in the valley. 

Rather than a single large Moon on the end, why not hang multiple fixed planets of varying sizes of the arm of the crane at various points along it, smaller but perhaps more manageble in high winds if they are fixed with a stiff arm. Also with a fixed arm you could presumably have them rotating so that they spin as they rotate. 

Anyone got a link to the planning application for what they've applied for/got permission for? As far as I can see there hasn't been one submitted yet. The most recent permission being an infill extension to the festival offices

Get your ideas here!

pangea@arcadiaspectacular.com

Planning Application has just gone up on the Mendip website. 20.4m is the bit that is left up.

Partial erection of crane structure for a temporary period until 1st August 2023
https://publicaccess.mendip.gov.uk/online-applications/centralDistribution.do?caseType=Application&keyVal=PT8E5OKPI7900

Edited by Dukeicon
  • Upvote 1

Obviously completely impractical but we were saying if they had something like the spider underneath the crane you'd have the best of both worlds. I miss being underneath the DJ booth.

On 6/18/2019 at 1:51 PM, stuie said:

Can't find anything on Mendip Planning website.

/geek.

Submitted 18th June as I posted on 18th June ;)

17 minutes ago, Dukeicon said:

Planning Application has just gone up on the Mendip website. 20.4m is the bit that is left up.

Partial erection of crane structure for a temporary period until 1st August 2023
https://publicaccess.mendip.gov.uk/online-applications/centralDistribution.do?caseType=Application&keyVal=PT8E5OKPI7900

Not bothered about the specifics of the application, but for me that further confirms that the next fallow year is pencilled in for 2024.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, incident said:

Not bothered about the specifics of the application, but for me that further confirms that the next fallow year is pencilled in for 2024.

Probably a good shout, 6 years sounds about right.

34 minutes ago, watsonjm said:

Steanbow Farm?  Not on the ME land then.  Or do they own Steanbow farm? 

Steanbow is owed by the Christensons 

Edited by Yeo-vile idiot

It's no secret when the next fallow year is. EE and ME have said repeatedly that we're at the start of a 5 year run.