Jump to content
tumbles

Pangea

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Exactly, why are people trying to pan it before they have even had a chance to show us what it is

#dontpanpangea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Exactly, why are people trying to pan it before they have even had a chance to show us what it is

Dare I suggest a very slight, creeping sense of entitlement as the precipitant to this...?

:ph34r:

Ben

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was hoping that the new installation would be supporting a net of controller mapped LED cables that would allow images to be created in the air above ravers.  I look forward to seeing what they do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So long as the PA system sounds good and can be turned up loud - I'll be there!

Flames and lasers are just the cream on the cake.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at the map, has the main bar been moved to the other side of the field?? are is it just a case that I've always been too spannered to remember where is was in the first place?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Dare I suggest a very slight, creeping sense of entitlement as the precipitant to this...?

:ph34r:

Ben

Some people will never know how good they have it. We are all lucky that they are trying something new. I've no doubt that it will be amazing. I bet there were people critical of when the spider first came around and look how amazing that ended up being. There will be loads who love this and in 5 years time if they decide to change it up again there will no doubt be those who worry it wont be as good again. People don't like change. the circle of life though.

 

Anything for a Lion King reference:

From the day we arrive on the planet And blinking, step into the sun

There's more to see than can ever be seen More to do than can ever be done

There's far too much to take in here More to find than can ever be found

But the sun rolling high Through the sapphire sky Keeps great and small on the endless round

It's the Circle of Life And it moves us all Through despair and hope Through faith and love Till we find our place On the path unwinding

In the Circle

The Circle of Life

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a total Arcadia fan. They believe wholeheartedly in what they do, give it everything, love their crew, care about the people who dance with them and try do the impossible. They are also the sweetest on social media and have replied to lots of my posts. The sort of things that they attempt take time and the more we support and encourage it, the better it will be. Artists need a big-up when they try something new 😎

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure, they've dismantled and reassembled a monolithic dock crane into some sort of installation based around fiery prehistoric world building, and sure they've booked some of the biggest and best DJs in the world to play it, but if there's no acrobats then I'm afraid I will be writing to the ombudsman.

  • Upvote 16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See also Shangri La creating a fiery hellscape next to a stately heaven only to get met with people banging on about alleyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People will always find something to moan about though. I'm just happy I have a ticket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, t0paz said:

Arcadia in itself it a business though, not just at Glasto. They've been taking the spider all over the world and running other bits and pieces. I doubt Glasto pay them enough to dedicate teams to this for the 2 years since the last festival.

And the logistics behind buying, dismantling, moving and setting up that crane must be huge!

I fully expect there to be fire and visuals, but probably that's about it.

And music.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

See also Shangri La creating a fiery hellscape next to a stately heaven only to get met with people banging on about alleyways.

Man the alleyways were amazing though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Arcadia crew would have a hell of a task rehearsing for a show on a giant piece of equipment that they haven't had a chance to play with. With The Spider they were able to assemble it at Arcadia HQ and muck about with it for as long as they liked.

I suspect that next year there could be secret rehersals on the farm in the days/weeks leading up to the show to get everything right.

There's no way that the whole crane will be moved and assembled at their gaff for practice.

One of the reasons for 'no show' this year. 

Don't worry, it will still blow minds.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Man the alleyways were amazing though!

I recently found a few pics of the alleyways, but that's perhaps for another thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

The Arcadia crew would have a hell of a task rehearsing for a show on a giant piece of equipment that they haven't had a chance to play with. With The Spider they were able to assemble it at Arcadia HQ and muck about with it for as long as they liked.

I suspect that next year there could be secret rehersals on the farm in the days/weeks leading up to the show to get everything right.

There's no way that the whole crane will be moved and assembled at their gaff for practice.

One of the reasons for 'no show' this year. 

Don't worry, it will still blow minds.

Is the crane staying on site, or just the foundations? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Man the alleyways were amazing though!

I don't get the alleyway obsession.  There's literally one on each side of my house and I couldn't give a fucking fiddlers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dave_c said:

Is the crane staying on site, or just the foundations? 

The crane will stay on the farm.

In an ideal world it will stay assembled but that is down to MDC planning dept. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

I recently found a few pics of the alleyways, but that's perhaps for another thread.

Please do...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/6/2019 at 3:33 PM, Sawdusty Surfer said:

The crane will stay on the farm.

In an ideal world it will stay assembled but that is down to MDC planning dept. 

 

So it won't tour then? or atleast not for the time being anyway?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jow95 said:

So it won't tour then? or atleast not for the time being anyway?

It is going to be a 'site specific installation', so no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sawdusty Surfer said:

 'site specific installation'

Must have missed that cheers, i'd be disappointed if i didn't have a ticket. Hard to not sound smug innit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like it will have something dangling off it.Screenshot_20190610-174400_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a11b55bcf1d91793f38c351cf74b644b.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...