Pangea

tumbles

18 minutes ago, grilladelphia said:

was watching some glasto videos from my phone last night, and while I will say its impressive, the sound was rubbish in places, all you can hear is those fire shooting tree things going off

That was the case with Arcadia though ... definately in its initial stages and if memory serves me correct when it was located near the other stage ... and I was inside the ring 

21 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

That was the case with Arcadia though ... definately in its initial stages and if memory serves me correct when it was located near the other stage ... and I was inside the ring 

yeah I still remember them being loud at the spider (first time I saw was at Boomtown 2012) - but maybe it was just the positioning of the speakers across the spider masking the fire noise a bit?

1 hour ago, grilladelphia said:

was watching some glasto videos from my phone last night, and while I will say its impressive, the sound was rubbish in places, all you can hear is those fire shooting tree things going off

Sound for the crane was okay, good in places, so-so overall.

I remember a massive difference between 2015 and 2017, for the Spider. In 2017 it had improved to stellar, certainly if you were under the belly, right in the middle. Of course, it shouldn't only be good if you;re fortunate enough to be in the correct place, but it was amazing. Hopefully the team will refine the sound along with the rest of the crane's evolution.

Ben

15 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Sound for the crane was okay, good in places, so-so overall.

I remember a massive difference between 2015 and 2017, for the Spider. In 2017 it had improved to stellar, certainly if you were under the belly, right in the middle. Of course, it shouldn't only be good if you;re fortunate enough to be in the correct place, but it was amazing. Hopefully the team will refine the sound along with the rest of the crane's evolution.

Ben

yeah in fairness up close it worked well with the crane, I wonder what they could do to improve it across the field.. some small structures that are actually just disguised rigs facing back in towards the crane? I don't really know anything about speakers / sound design tbh

Edited by grilladelphia

35 minutes ago, Boilingtent said:

Has anyone submitted ideas to them? Seem to remember them aksing last year.

Some small venues dotted aorund the area would be great.

for me doing that would equate to me telling Leonardo da vinci ... one of his paintings needed slight improvements :) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2020 at 11:38 AM, Chazwozza said:

I'd like to see the ball turning into a giant massive speaker that gets whirled around over everyone's heads.  Shooting out flames, if possible.

On 2/17/2020 at 12:06 PM, concerned said:

A massive van de graaff generator / tesla coil with bolts of electricity jumping off the crane boom onto installations around the outside as it spins. 

I have no idea if this is actually feasible or not. 

Make it so. 

Email them your ideas, that's what they have been asking people to do.

pangea@arcadiaspectacular.com

34 minutes ago, Dukeicon said:
Watch them move the Arcadia crane from the Docks to site & put it up.

Watch At:
6m50s
17m00s

Couple of interesting facts from this program:

• The piles are 10m into the ground
  • There are only 16 bolts holding the crane to the piles
  • The 'cabin' bit weighs 40 tonnes
Edited by Dukeicon