Pangea

tumbles

I thought it was good. Obviously a work in progress and can't wait to see how it evolves over the years.

The 2 bar set up worked well to spread the crowd and like all these spectacles if you get past the 'stand and watchers' on the edge of the field there was plenty of room inside. Sound was good but way to quiet. I suppose that's down to its location.

Looked fairly ugly in the daylight but when the sun went down I thought it looked very good and loved the projections on to the ball. Pity they never managed to put the moon up that would have been amazing to see.

Bring on next year.

29 minutes ago, dccool said:

Pity they never managed to put the moon up that would have been amazing to see.

They managed to get it up Sunday. 

Pretty impressive! 

0F82C280-DF7F-43E3-ABE3-0B5B79FE59D5.jpeg

898FBB9E-DB8E-432E-9CEB-14D124B1D51C.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

As discussed, shame about the lack of moon when I was there on Friday but I still loved it for the sheer incongruousness. Thought the sound was really good and Charlotte de Witte was absolutely brilliant. Then again, I never really went to the spider properly so nothing to compare! Looking forward to where they take it, so much potential there. 

I went in with the mindset that it's a work in progress and that's exactly the impression I take away with me. It's visually spectacular but definitely lacks something extra that the spider ultimately had. Maybe the lack of performance art, acrobatics, etc? Other than that, it's pretty much the same deal. As always it's a visual tour de force and acoustically you're much better off inside the speakers. I do find that the spectacle can sometimes detract from the music but it's a positive start and  an amazing achievement to get it set up and working in less than three months. 

7/10.

I was up on the Ribbon Tower when the moon went up on Sunday and it looked spectacular! Shame it never stayed on, but I thought for a first time the whole thing was very impressive. Plenty of room for growth and evolution!

Spent my Saturday night there, felt far less crowded than the Spider used to.  I found it pretty easy to get through the crowds and have plenty of room to dance.  I didn't immediately love it but I'm interested to see how it beds in over the next couple of festivals.

Whilst the Spider was visually impressive . I never really enjoyed it . I much preferred the feel of the original Arcadia Spectacular  in Trash city back in 2008 and the Afterburner  in 2009. Pangea however blew me away. As a starting platform I think it’s nuts. Maybe it’s a big boys toys thing . The balls of the team behind it to chop something like that down and Inturn rebuild in a field is IMO amazing. I had one of my best after hours nights in many years on Saturday for Fatboy and then Anne MAC 

22 hours ago, bombfrog said:

I thought it was incredible. It may have been simpler but the scale of it made it something special, especially when the arm and the lights swung over you.

I really thought it was great too. I'm really excited to see what they do with it in years to come. It's such a more massive base to start with than the spider was.

7 hours ago, Seldom Seen Kid said:

Spent my Saturday night there, felt far less crowded than the Spider used to.  I found it pretty easy to get through the crowds and have plenty of room to dance.  I didn't immediately love it but I'm interested to see how it beds in over the next couple of festivals.

It was rammed in the glade for sister bliss. Possible a lot of other people were underwhelmed 

2 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

The moon looks cool in that picture, but it’s attached to the ground. So that would mean the arm couldn’t swing if you had the moon attached. It may have been attached to the ground because of the wind, but I didn’t think it was that windy. 

I believe the ropes at the bottom were held by people walking it round to steady it.  They put it away on Sunday as the crowd got bigger, presumably because three rope holders couldn't get through a big crowd.