Pangea

tumbles

4 hours ago, shoptildrop said:

I asked them on FB about the moon and it was because it was too windy to attach it but they are hoping to have it on tonight.... I can imagine it would be a H&S nightmare, as how bad would it be if moon blows into one of those flame throwers and becomes a flying fireball!!! ??:o

Or it drops into the crowd and squishes about 30 people

The crane is absolute amazing to see and the projecting mapping onto the ball is very cool.

But right now the spider would have been better. Hopefully they can spend the next 12 months to figure out a way to make the crane out shine the spider. Because no matter what people will always compare it to the spider.

I only saw a bit of Charlotte's set, crowd was nowhere near the size that it was for the Spider. Did Fatboy/Annie Mac get a big crowd? Or are people just not that keen?

20 hours ago, shoptildrop said:

I asked them on FB about the moon and it was because it was too windy to attach it but they are hoping to have it on tonight.... I can imagine it would be a H&S nightmare, as how bad would it be if moon blows into one of those flame throwers and becomes a flying fireball!!! ??:o

Just came on here to ask about the moon and figured this was the exact reason. Bit of shame if they don’t end up doing it. 

Wasn't impressed to be honest, the flames are always cool but the rest was pretty much just a crane with lights on.

Didn't think it was overly windy on Sunday, so if they couldn't put the moon up then I'm not sure they ever will.

1 hour ago, Madyaker said:

I thought the sound was awesome and the field seemed bigger as well? Could be wrong. There was a massive crowd there for sub focus last night.

Yep I was there Saturday night and definitely more space for a big crowd and much better sound all around compared to the Spider. 

It definitely lacks the visual punch of the spider though and everyone seemed to still called it Arcadia all weekend....not sure the new name is as memorable 

Well I loved it. So completely out of place yet not, and even with such a simple light setup having it swing over you was incredible. The snow was particularly special - doubly so finding it falling on us from miles away and watching from up flagtopia as it streamed sideways off the crane in the wind.

As a first step in something planned to evolve it's great

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, robillustrates said:

The Spider looked amazing and the shows off it were outstanding. The sound always used to be hit and miss with Arcadia though. I think the Crane visually looks weird and I don't get it just yet but it sounds like the sound is an improvement already?

Were the speakers in the same ring or further back? Arcadia is pointless unless you get inside the speaker ring.

16 minutes ago, Jay89 said:

Anyone seen Idris Elba storming on at the end of Fatboy set just to confirm he’s Idris Elba and to throw couple of ‘yeahhhhs’? ???

Yeahhh, Arcaaaadia yeahhhh, come on, here we go, yeahhhh

We were just near the crane walkway so quite close to the dj booth for it ?

1 minute ago, TheGoodWillOut said:

Yeahhh, Arcaaaadia yeahhhh, come on, here we go, yeahhhh

We were just near the crane walkway so quite close to the dj booth for it ?

‘Have a good night, bye’ ? my female mates were wetting themselves at the sight of him and I’ve found it fucking hilarious and bizarre ?