Pangea

tumbles

7 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

Thinking the moon must orbit outside the centre where people aren't allowed to stand or summat. The radome has still to be added into the setup too. 

There's no reason that people can't stand underneath the orbiting moon or whatever else they hang off the crane - as long as they use appropriate fixings so that it can't come loose that is.

25 minutes ago, incident said:

There's no reason that people can't stand underneath the orbiting moon or whatever else they hang off the crane - as long as they use appropriate fixings so that it can't come loose that is.

Even better then. I thought someone said earlier in the thread there were regulations about such things which is why I was confused. 

Edited by gherkin8r

7 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

Even better then. I thought someone said earlier in the thread there were regulations about such things which is why I was confused. 

I don't know if there are specific regulations but it is usually avoided, in my experience.

Take this quote from the HSE website:

Working under suspended loads

Where it can be avoided, loads should not be suspended over occupied  areas. Where it cannot be avoided, the risks to people must be minimised by safe systems of work and appropriate precautions. Where loads are suspended for significant periods, the area below them should be classed as a danger zone, where access is restricted.

http://www.hse.gov.uk/work-equipment-machinery/planning-organising-lifting-operations.htm

Edited by concerned

1 hour ago, DeanoL said:

There's no actual show this year right?

Sadly not. Arcadia have confirmed this. 

However there were lots of performers etc at the spider before it was officially a show. I expect it to be a spectacle if not a show!