Pangea

tumbles

8 minutes ago, Bin Fish said:

I’m thinking maybe it’s Earth in the middle and a little Moon hanging from the crane?

Not so little

Measuring seven metres in diameter, the moon features 120dpi detailed NASA imagery of the lunar surface.

2 hours ago, The60ftOctopus said:

Is the crane/moon going to spin around? ?

I've been thinking that due to the symbol they use on the Glastonbury map.... It looks like an orbit. However I don't think there is any way a spinning loaded crane would be allowed to operate with a crowd directly under the jib

Edited by concerned

7 hours ago, concerned said:

I've been thinking that due to the symbol they use on the Glastonbury map.... It looks like an orbit. However I don't think there is any way a spinning loaded crane would be allowed to operate with a crowd directly under the jib

On some imagery I’ve seen the ‘orbit’ is called the ‘aerial performance zone’ so...

1 hour ago, Homer said:

Rotating moon (even just slowly) plus lazers...

The moon (spere) looks very much part of the base structure of the crane? I'd assume spinning fire from the end the crane... The sphere also may look a bit more like a globe of fire ie the earth being created / pangea theme. 

Assume iicon will be bringing the frickin lazer beams ;)

36 minutes ago, p.pete said:

The moon (spere) looks very much part of the base structure of the crane? I'd assume spinning fire from the end the crane... The sphere also may look a bit more like a globe of fire ie the earth being created / pangea theme. 

Assume iicon will be bringing the frickin lazer beams ;)

I think the base structure might be the Earth? The moon will definitely be hanging from the crane. 

It shouldn't be a hazard if it spins very slowly and doesn't carry heavy goods? The year off has done Glastonbury wonders for this year.

1 minute ago, Homer said:

I'm oblivious - still looks like... a crane to me. Looking forward to seeing it in action on Friday night.

Yep I thought the crane was just the basic structure/skeleton and it was gonna get made up to look like something else. As it stands it looks like a crane that’ll have a moon dangling from it. Guess I’ll have to wait to see it in action to see what they’re getting at with this one.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Yep I thought the crane was just the basic structure/skeleton and it was gonna get made up to look like something else. As it stands it looks like a crane that’ll have a moon dangling from it. Guess I’ll have to wait to see it in action to see what they’re getting at with this one.

My guess is not a lot. I'll head for one set (Black Madonna) to suss out if it's any good.

4 minutes ago, MJP said:

My guess is not a lot. I'll head for one set (Black Madonna) to suss out if it's any good.

I'm doing Interpol in the JPT on Friday night, so will do Carl Cox before I go to the SEC. Then, if it's not all that, at lest I'll know I can swerve FB Slim after the Chems and just head to the Glade for Sister Bliss, Jon Cater and Darren Emerson instead.