Pangea

tumbles

13 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

There will be a 'globe of some sort' suspended from the crane and a planning application has been submitted to Mendip to allow 20m high permanent structure.

Could be in for a Massive game of Swing Ball.

57 minutes ago, stuie said:

I guess if you go with that mind-set you can only be surprised and potentially wowed!

I think they will put it out of the bag.

(ignoring the fact that it still looks like a regular dock crane sat in the field at the moment)  

Oh yeah I hope so... it was just what  they said in their announcement about going the journey with them and it being an ongoing project and this is just the start.... its almost like they were warning us not to expect something as iconic as the spider straight away

Interesting things happening at pangea.

Looks like more of a traditional "stage" at either end. Not sure if that means DJs will be on one of them rather than in the structure?

Also, if the area between them is all going to be within range of speakers then I think it'll be able to take a larger crowd than previous years? I don't know as I've only been up there once and it wasn't rammed but I believe that with the spider it was only people in a fairly small radius that got a decent amount of sound.

Capture.PNG

3 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

Interesting things happening at pangea.

Looks like more of a traditional "stage" at either end. Not sure if that means DJs will be on one of them rather than in the structure?

Also, if the area between them is all going to be within range of speakers then I think it'll be able to take a larger crowd than previous years? I don't know as I've only been up there once and it wasn't rammed but I believe that with the spider it was only people in a fairly small radius that got a decent amount of sound. 

Capture.PNG

Are those bits at the end bars?

7 minutes ago, MJP said:

Yes, they're bars.

Oh right, they're big old bars and look very stage-like but there you go.

I still think it looks like it'll have a much bigger capacity this year but hard to compare with my memory. The area between the bars is as wide as the front to back of the other stage crowd.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

with a volume suitable for 5k, if like the spider. :( 

Yeah that's the problem with the old design, hope it's changed.

For me it's the difference between "That's lovely and great for the photo album but no point actually going there if anyone half-famous is on" as it has been in previous years and "That's going to be amazing, let's go there every night."

6 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

In that case they've been fairly bold in booking Fatboy/Annie Mac/Carl Cox/Andy C and adding another bar.

Have they added a bar? I thought they just moved the old one. 

Really interested to see what it's like. Hopefully get there Friday night so I know whether I should bother on Saturday. 

3 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

There seems to be two, one on the left and one on the right.

Ah yes you're right; it's on the crew map but the normal one only has one symbol. I get Neil's point but it seriously looks like they're gearing up for more people which would definitely need more volume.