Pangea

tumbles

1 hour ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Had a flying visit from daughter #2 who is erecting WV tents.

As she left she said " Oh, by the way, I think that Arcadia are going to build an Angler Fish"

I love how you seem to have all anglers covered @Sawdusty Surfer :) ... I think they may have been inspired by our fish pun thread earlier in the week ...they did say they were looking for ideas :) 

Edited by crazyfool1

1 hour ago, Northtim said:

Pangea.... is still a big crane in a field.

2 weeks to go guys - sure you got this!

Yep no pressure! I’m sure it will be amazing but looks like it is going to be not much more than the crane with the radome.

From looking at the map, could it be that a cordon will be placed around the perimeter so that the radome can swing around but not be directly over the people below. Having said that, wouldn’t that put people too far back and so loose something of the connection with the act. Whatever happens it’s great that the festival is kept fresh with changes like this. 

Annie Mac confirmed as the special guest closing on Sat night.

Also, doies anyone know anything about this?

There’s an Extinction Rebellion parade [in Pangea] on Thursday, and you see that truck rolling around looking like a flea that’s fallen from the leg of a Cloverfield? That’s The Bug and when its wings open, the party starts.
Read more at https://www.nme.com/features/glastonbury-the-ultimate-guide-camping-main-stages-secret-tips-more-2504427#OIgMhccrU5hleWhh.99

31 minutes ago, Homer said:

Annie Mac confirmed as the special guest closing on Sat night.

Also, doies anyone know anything about this?

There’s an Extinction Rebellion parade [in Pangea] on Thursday, and you see that truck rolling around looking like a flea that’s fallen from the leg of a Cloverfield? That’s The Bug and when its wings open, the party starts.
Read more at https://www.nme.com/features/glastonbury-the-ultimate-guide-camping-main-stages-secret-tips-more-2504427#OIgMhccrU5hleWhh.99

That article nearly made me not want to go.  I had forgotten how god awful the NME are these days

5 hours ago, Homer said:

Do we have any ideas what time this is supposed to kick off?

Edited by nowyouregideon

41 minutes ago, nowyouregideon said:

Do we have any ideas what time this is supposed to kick off?

"On Thursday 27th June at 4pm you are all invited to gather at The Park to join The Extinction Procession which will march to the Sacred Space where we will create the largest human hourglass sign of all time. Keep an eye on social media and the Glastonbury website for further information."

From https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/areas/the-green-fields/

I believe it's the same parade.

50 minutes ago, glasto360 said:

"On Thursday 27th June at 4pm you are all invited to gather at The Park to join The Extinction Procession which will march to the Sacred Space where we will create the largest human hourglass sign of all time. Keep an eye on social media and the Glastonbury website for further information."

From https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/areas/the-green-fields/

I believe it's the same parade.

Just as I arrive at the festival - bah. Hope you enjoy!

21 hours ago, Kinkyinuit said:

That article nearly made me not want to go.  I had forgotten how god awful the NME are these days

Really? I thought it was a really enjoyable read!  Also, how come I didn't know about this little nugget:  

"...and this year marks the last-ever appearance of the Beat Hotel at Glastonbury. "

Is this true?  

Edited by Fork_UK

Just now, Fork_UK said:

Really, I thought it was a really enjoyable read!  Also, how come I didn't know about this little nugget:  

"...and this year marks the last-ever appearance of the Beat Hotel at Glastonbury. "

Is this true?  

Yep they've been using the line 'One last time before the hotel checks out' on all of their promotional material for this year. Seems like it's gonna become a touring thing instead, and I believe somebody on here hinted that there was already a good replacement in line for next year.

8 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Yep they've been using the line 'One last time before the hotel checks out' on all of their promotional material for this year. Seems like it's gonna become a touring thing instead, and I believe somebody on here hinted that there was already a good replacement in line for next year.

Yeah it’s done after this year, but it’ll be the same kind of thing next year with the same great lineups.

Just spotted this apologies if it's been picked up before....

20190616_174115.thumb.png.b2a5bed73d45ee0180ca030e91772312.png

This is what astral projekt did at burning man last year.....

And this is the museum if the moon that Luke Jerram did at Leicester university...

Put those 2 together and I think we'll get something pretty special.

• Upvote 1

After seeing this, my prediction is now that the radome thing that we've heard about will cover up the crane.  "Pangea" or an newly-formed, volcanic, firey Earth will be projected onto the radome as the centrepiece and the moon will hang from the crane and orbit the earth, by dangling off the crane's lift cable. All sorts of wonderful light shows and projections will depict the Earth/Moon or the solar system early in its formation.

Mark my words! I'll be taking 50p bets now!

Edited by Fork_UK

1 hour ago, Fork_UK said:

After seeing this, my prediction is now that the radome thing that we've heard about will cover up the crane.  "Pangea" or an newly-formed, volcanic, firey Earth will be projected onto the radome as the centrepiece and the moon will hang from the crane and orbit the earth, by dangling off the crane's lift cable. All sorts of wonderful light shows and projections will depict the Earth/Moon or the solar system early in its formation.

Mark my words! I'll be taking 50p bets now!

I reckon your on to something there.

13 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

There will be a 'globe of some sort' suspended from the crane and a planning application has been submitted to Mendip to allow 20m high permanent structure.

Can't find anything on Mendip Planning website.

/geek.

With it being a work in progress Im not expecting much in the way of "wow" from arcadia this year. It will take them time to develop the new ideas. I hope im wrong but I think they hinted at it themselves in statements they made about joining them on the "journey" or words to those effects. 

1 minute ago, Havors said:

With it being a work in progress Im not expecting much in the way of "wow" from arcadia this year. It will take them time to develop the new ideas. I hope im wrong but I think they hinted at it themselves in statements they made about joining them on the "journey" or words to those effects. 

I guess if you go with that mind-set you can only be surprised and potentially wowed!

I think they will put it out of the bag.

(ignoring the fact that it still looks like a regular dock crane sat in the field at the moment)