Pangea

tumbles

8 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Dare I suggest a very slight, creeping sense of entitlement as the precipitant to this...?

:ph34r:

Ben

Some people will never know how good they have it. We are all lucky that they are trying something new. I've no doubt that it will be amazing. I bet there were people critical of when the spider first came around and look how amazing that ended up being. There will be loads who love this and in 5 years time if they decide to change it up again there will no doubt be those who worry it wont be as good again. People don't like change. the circle of life though.

Anything for a Lion King reference:

From the day we arrive on the planet And blinking, step into the sun

There's more to see than can ever be seen More to do than can ever be done

There's far too much to take in here More to find than can ever be found

But the sun rolling high Through the sapphire sky Keeps great and small on the endless round

It's the Circle of Life And it moves us all Through despair and hope Through faith and love Till we find our place On the path unwinding

In the Circle

The Circle of Life

• Upvote 2

I am a total Arcadia fan. They believe wholeheartedly in what they do, give it everything, love their crew, care about the people who dance with them and try do the impossible. They are also the sweetest on social media and have replied to lots of my posts. The sort of things that they attempt take time and the more we support and encourage it, the better it will be. Artists need a big-up when they try something new ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Sure, they've dismantled and reassembled a monolithic dock crane into some sort of installation based around fiery prehistoric world building, and sure they've booked some of the biggest and best DJs in the world to play it, but if there's no acrobats then I'm afraid I will be writing to the ombudsman.

• Upvote 16

3 hours ago, t0paz said:

Arcadia in itself it a business though, not just at Glasto. They've been taking the spider all over the world and running other bits and pieces. I doubt Glasto pay them enough to dedicate teams to this for the 2 years since the last festival.

And the logistics behind buying, dismantling, moving and setting up that crane must be huge!

I fully expect there to be fire and visuals, but probably that's about it.

And music.

The Arcadia crew would have a hell of a task rehearsing for a show on a giant piece of equipment that they haven't had a chance to play with. With The Spider they were able to assemble it at Arcadia HQ and muck about with it for as long as they liked.

I suspect that next year there could be secret rehersals on the farm in the days/weeks leading up to the show to get everything right.

There's no way that the whole crane will be moved and assembled at their gaff for practice.

One of the reasons for 'no show' this year. 

Don't worry, it will still blow minds.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

The Arcadia crew would have a hell of a task rehearsing for a show on a giant piece of equipment that they haven't had a chance to play with. With The Spider they were able to assemble it at Arcadia HQ and muck about with it for as long as they liked.

I suspect that next year there could be secret rehersals on the farm in the days/weeks leading up to the show to get everything right.

There's no way that the whole crane will be moved and assembled at their gaff for practice.

One of the reasons for 'no show' this year. 

Don't worry, it will still blow minds.

Is the crane staying on site, or just the foundations? 

On 6/6/2019 at 3:33 PM, Sawdusty Surfer said:

The crane will stay on the farm.

In an ideal world it will stay assembled but that is down to MDC planning dept. 

So it won't tour then? or atleast not for the time being anyway?

Not sure if this has been mentioned here already but the guys from Arcadia did a radio interview a while back and mentioned that there will be a 5 metre wide satellite radome hanging from the crane with lots of cool stuff projected on to it...

Whats a satellite radome? This -

Navy-Radome.jpg

Edited by LostHorizon

45 minutes ago, Obiginnaw said:

Just seen some videos of disclosure at Parklife and seems they absolutely smashed it, I know Annie Mac is a strong rumour for that Saturday TBA slot but any chance they could do it?

I reckon they could do a DJ set, but they're too big to play live on Arcadia.