Pangea

tumbles

26 minutes ago, Homer said:

34BAB06D-F494-47A4-88AC-25F84B38FC5C.jpeg

You could take a little left turn at the railway line with your back towards  the glade and cut through a little tunnel into green futures field walk through there and cut through pennards further up

Edited by bigbilly

11 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Yep,  'sneaky' way to Arcadia is through Green Futures Field.  Two main drags through it. Always quickest to use the uphill one which is the second right after crossing the railway line.

Wish i knew the site like you lot! Been 8/9 times and am absolutely awful with directions still.

Do they shut of certain paths up to Arcadia straight after the headliners? 

I have a memory of being sent a certain way one year but cant remember if it was the one up by the medical tent, the path at the other stage crossroads or the path through Pennerds.

My memory is rubbish.

12 hours ago, DJL said:

Exactly what I did after the Chems in 2015 over for 2ManyDJs (which is fairly comparable though Fatboy is a bigger name) and we had no problems at all

I remember being under the spider for 2ManyDJs too and we left straight after the Chems finished (hadn't remembered them as the same night); so looks like as long you're at the Chems and get a wriggle on after Block Rockin' Beats, you should be fine after all.

So much for my overthought plan to walk around in circles for a bit...

37 minutes ago, Divein said:

Do they shut of certain paths up to Arcadia straight after the headliners? 

I have a memory of being sent a certain way one year but cant remember if it was the one up by the medical tent, the path at the other stage crossroads or the path through Pennerds.

My memory is rubbish.

They do if it's really muddy or if it's mega busy or both.   A lot of the short cuts can turn into dead ends when they do this.  2016 was a bit of a nightmare.   I remember after Underworld heading to the Dance Village for a while.  Even at 2am it was utterly rammed trying to get to the stone circle.  

15 minutes ago, Bags73 said:

They do if it's really muddy or if it's mega busy or both.   A lot of the short cuts can turn into dead ends when they do this.  2016 was a bit of a nightmare.   I remember after Underworld heading to the Dance Village for a while.  Even at 2am it was utterly rammed trying to get to the stone circle.  

Straight to Roni Size and Krust in Heaven was fine!

1 minute ago, Smash1984 said:

Can anyone shed some light. I'm sure in previous years they have shown on the line up the Arcadia show (when it fires up etc) but can't see anything similar showing for Pangea, presumably they will some sort of show to start it up?

The Arcadia crew have said that there won’t be a ‘show’ this year, with it being the  first year of a brand new installation that they have indicated will evolve year by year much as the Spider did. That evolution will include a new performance show, I’d guess by next year. Perfect timing for the 50th year anniversary. 

Ben

9 minutes ago, Chef said:

Little insights to 'behind the scenes' like this fascinate me. Us mere mortals barley scratch the surface of what goes on at the festival. 

All the crew stuff, hospitality and just 'secret' areas could be a festival in themselves. Probably deserves its own thread if there isn't one already if it serves nothing else than just being interesting. 

The first few years of Shangri La used to scratch that itch

*oops - wrong thread

Edited by mazola
oops

5 minutes ago, mazola said:

I am tempering my expectations a bit this year, they seem to be downplaying it a bit.

I'll still be disappointed if it isn't as good as the Spider though, especially as they have had a year off to prepare.

Arcadia in itself it a business though, not just at Glasto. They've been taking the spider all over the world and running other bits and pieces. I doubt Glasto pay them enough to dedicate teams to this for the 2 years since the last festival.

And the logistics behind buying, dismantling, moving and setting up that crane must be huge!

I fully expect there to be fire and visuals, but probably that's about it.

I can't wait for Arcadia this year. I'll be the first to admit I thought it had got a bit stale; don't get me wrong, I love the spider. But I trust them to have created something amazing! 

I think I'm going to aim for Saturday night straight after The Chems. Although given it's Fatboy Slim I'm a bit worried it will be too busy.

I'd love to do Friday night but don't think my group are the techno kind. Dnb was my first love but not sure I fancy it all Sunday night (I don't have a headliner yet) but we'll see. 

17 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

this is what I've been told by someone ITK.

Surely though it can't be a backwards step from the spider. Whilst it still has years of development, I am expecting it to be at least as good as the spider in terms of the experience, even if there is no specific show to speak of.

2 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

Surely though it can't be a backwards step from the spider. Whilst it still has years of development, I am expecting it to be at least as good as the spider in terms of the experience, even if there is no specific show to speak of.

there'll be lots of lasers, lights and fire.

But no show.

I'm sure I read somewhere that someone had spoken to the crew and asked if it would be a dinosaur and been told something like "close - think insect".  Or am I imagining that?   

With some sort of dressing up of the crane and the rumored radome I am sure they will have something plenty more spectacular than just an orange and white crane with lights, lasers and fire. 

5 minutes ago, Northtim said:

I am sure they will have something plenty more spectacular than just an orange and white crane with lights, lasers and fire. 

Exactly, why are people trying to pan it before they have even had a chance to show us what it is