Pangea

tumbles

39 minutes ago, Homer said:

So, why is so rated?! I’ve never bothered to listen before. I can mix better than that! And I haven’t mixed for about 8 years.

Had a similar discussion with my friend's who caught her at WHP. Apparently her track selection was great, but the mixing was dreadful. 

39 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

DJing is all about track selection isn't it? Especially these days.

Of course it's one of the fundamentals and mixing could be considered to be increasingly redundant given beat matching software etc...

If you are mixing live however it has the capacity to make or break a set. No matter how good the tracks are, if they clash into each other in a disjointed and (unintentionally) discordant way it's going to make a  great set a mediocre one. For me the flow is almost as important as track choice.

6 minutes ago, zero000 said:

Of course it's one of the fundamentals and mixing could be considered to be increasingly redundant given beat matching software etc...

If you are mixing live however it has the capacity to make or break a set. No matter how good the tracks are, if they clash into each other in a disjointed and (unintentionally) discordant way it's going to make a  great set a mediocre one. For me the flow is almost as important as track choice.

That's fair. Arguably such jarring transitions are less excusable with all the software about now. Not that I've heard them yet, planning to listen to the set tomorrow.

9 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

DJing is all about track selection isn't it? Especially these days.

Surely not if she’s been called the greatest DJ in the world by DJ magazine. I’d be embarrassed to be doing some of that mixing at a mate’s party!

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, zero000 said:

+1

If a mix is clanger after clanger it completely takes me away from the song and I'm out of the moment focused purely on the train wreck. As much as song selection it's all about the blend for me. Probably why I used to love Youngsta's Dubstep sets so much.

1 hour ago, briddj said:

The CRAIG CHARLES FUNK & SOUL SPECIAL was only down as 30 mins too before that area was removed from the lineup page. Clearly wrong.

Isn't that an all day thing in reality? Anyone know what time it is likely to really start? 

18 hours ago, D-Low said:

+1

If a mix is clanger after clanger it completely takes me away from the song and I'm out of the moment focused purely on the train wreck. As much as song selection it's all about the blend for me. Probably why I used to love Youngsta's Dubstep sets so much.

youngstas sets are all 140bpm so has it easy! just leave the pitch in the middle 

On 5/28/2019 at 6:53 PM, hmmmloddy said:

I started this Google Doc over on the dance/electronica thread for just this purpose. I've been adding sets from confirmed DJs when anyone has posted them and plenty of people have just added directly. It's nowhere near the comprehensive masterpiece of @Brave Sir Robin (which I am truly grateful for) and it only covers a small number of acts but it should help people get a better idea of what to expect from some of the DJs.  @Madyaker & @DJL - see what you think!

EDIT - here's the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BzyCqFTgA8W64VGxlTA-ctmum77HUPvjltC8MJ8K0uc/edit#gid=0

This is great, thank you!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rosssss224 said:

youngstas sets are all 140bpm so has it easy! just leave the pitch in the middle 

Was just used as an example, House music being no different. (it's still very possible to train wreck 140 with no skill)

Glad to see fire would be involved though. This conception is becoming all the more intriguing by the day. Excited to see how it's going to play out.

I cant wait to see Pangea up close.

Of all the new areas this is the one I'm most excited about. Had such amazing nights under the spider getting excited thinking about the nights we'll have at Pangea. 

The line up is amazing and I will probably spend more time here than any other area.