Pangea

tumbles

18 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

The centrepiece of the installation will star dazzling lights and weighty sound, with Arcadia’s signature sensory overload of fire, explosions and more adding to the thrilling experience. Specially designed visuals from Astral Projekt and Heckler will also appear on a huge 360 degree radome which was originally used to guard radars in the Cold War.

From Mixmags arcitle: https://mixmag.net/amp/arcadia-new-glastonbury-arena-pangea-2019?__twitter_impression=true

That sounds sick.

29 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Interested to hear more on this, Graf. What was not hitting for you (or what were you looking for from him)?

20 minutes ago, Graf21 said:

When I've seen him he's been on at a headline/peak time slot and played a very minimal set more suitable for 5/6am in my opinion. One year I gave him a big chance but Leon Vynehall was on in the other room and there was a massive difference in energy. Maybe so disappointed is an exaggeration - but I've always idolised him as a producer. Maybe I just expected something a bit different. Swings and roundabouts though when someone you don't expect to be good is the highlight of the gig/festival. 

I'm seeing him tonight in a really small 150 cap venue... It's a 4 hour set so not sure what to expect...  starting quite stripped back building to a full on techno finish?

6 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Yeah he's taken a huge leaf from the DJ Nobu school of trippy, stripped-back, psychedelic grooves. Believe he wants to escape the more vocal side of his early career.

Set up a couple of BRs with him, including a big headline slot at Dekmantel, and the reaction was more mixed than expected. I think he's at his best with a longer runtime.

That being said, if he drops a huge Homework-era Daft Punk tune and something enormous by Plastikman on Arcadia as he often does, everyone's gonna walk away happy.

That's brilliant! Fair play to you. I saw him in 2015 and 2016... Not bad sets, just different expectations.

Very true. I'm intrigued to see what he will play. A lot of people on here seem to love him on here too so maybe it's just me that wasn't getting it. Hopefully this year I'll walk away as happy as everyone else! If not, we're spoilt with talent in all pockets of the festival.

32 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

The centrepiece of the installation will star dazzling lights and weighty sound, with Arcadia’s signature sensory overload of fire, explosions and more adding to the thrilling experience. Specially designed visuals from Astral Projekt and Heckler will also appear on a huge 360 degree radome which was originally used to guard radars in the Cold War.

From Mixmags arcitle: https://mixmag.net/amp/arcadia-new-glastonbury-arena-pangea-2019?__twitter_impression=true

Every new nugget of info on Pangea gives me butterflys and the kind of nervous excitement I haven't felt about anything for years.....possibly ever.

24 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

That sounds sick.

42 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Just had to google...

So, something like this - hanging from the crane.

735f5777-7b0c-4d73-904e-816f9c187c57.jpg

I'd not been looking into any of the festival threads due to not having a ticket so this is all new to me. This looks incredible. So exciting to see, especially we'll get to be there the first year it's there. Though I must admit I will miss the spider! :( I'm assuming this is a replacement rather than an addition?

4 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I'd not been looking into any of the festival threads due to not having a ticket so this is all new to me. This looks incredible. So exciting to see, especially we'll get to be there the first year it's there. Though I must admit I will miss the spider! :( I'm assuming this is a replacement rather than an addition?

No more spider at Glastonbury. They are still using it elsewhere but this new Pangea is Glastonbury specific and will evolve over the next 5 years.

Sorry to hear no ticket dibble reading this thread must be a killer 

Just now, dccool said:

No more spider at Glastonbury. They are still using it elsewhere but this new Pangea is Glastonbury specific and will evolve over the next 5 years.

Sorry to hear no ticket dibble reading this thread must be a killer 

I've got a feeling Dibble is OK now...

He won the efests comp! :-)

11 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Fair play on winning the comp.

Must be some buzz finding out your going to Glastonbury after months of thinking you weren’t. 

4 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Hang on.....no pyro??? That's put a bit of a shitter on it for me. 

The centrepiece of the installation will star dazzling lights and weighty sound, with Arcadia’s signature sensory overload of fire, explosions and more adding to the thrilling experience. Specially designed visuals from Astral Projekt and Heckler will also appear on a huge 360 degree radome which was originally used to guard radars in the Cold War

I think there will be pryo of sorts!

53 minutes ago, stuie said:

I'm seeing him tonight in a really small 150 cap venue... It's a 4 hour set so not sure what to expect...  starting quite stripped back building to a full on techno finish?

Once he’s finished...

Stuie: “Daniel, sorry to be a pain, but my eFests pals need to know what type of sets you’re playing in which venues at Glastonbury. Just so they can plan, like. So...?”

Ben

Just now, bennyhana22 said:

Once he’s finished...

Stuie: “Daniel, sorry to be a pain, but my eFests pals need to know what type of sets you’re playing in which venues at Glastonbury. Just so they can plan, like. So...?”

Ben

Frankly, I could really do with that intel from Four Tet too!

?

Ben

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Adam75 said:

The centrepiece of the installation will star dazzling lights and weighty sound, with Arcadia’s signature sensory overload of fire, explosions and more adding to the thrilling experience. Specially designed visuals from Astral Projekt and Heckler will also appear on a huge 360 degree radome which was originally used to guard radars in the Cold War

I think there will be pryo of sorts!

I'd hope so, just that their FB comments posted here make it sound like there may not be. The pyro is one of the most spectacular parts of glasto. Even the other side of the site you could hear (and see) the spider pyro. 

43 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Once he’s finished...

Ben

hahaha I'll see what I can do. 

1 hour ago, GWR said:

Not filling me with enthusiasm that lol what's the point of its not as good as the spider already?

From the Afterburner stage, to The Bug, to the Spider v1.0 with stage in SE Corner, to the Spider v2.0, to the Metamorphosis show, to The Reactor, Arcadia has never failed to bring it and improve.  I have no reason to doubt their ability to pull this off.

Edited by stuie

The Arcadia spider was a full time show, even during the DJ sets. I'm sure it's going to be amazing, even without the nightly "spectacular". They will just sprinkle all the pyro and performance throughout the evening.

This is somewhat similar to what they did at Boomtown 2012, where they kept the spider in "show mode" for as long as 2 or 3 hours each night after the actual show finished and it reverted to DJ sets.

The line up this year is MASSIVE though. I think we've all already commented on how this is obviously much larger than the spider ever was, and that is obviously also starting to facilitate a much more prominent lineup.

I think it's possible that Arcadia is beginning to transform into THE main dance stage at the festival, rather than just one of many sideshows.

Usually not a whole lot I'm arsed about on Arcadia but fuck me, I'm all over that lineup this year. Probably still end up missing half of the acts due to clashes, regardless of if they're playing elsewhere as well, but more than ever I'm gonna make an effort to get to some of these sets, which will hopefully be especially awesome with the new setup.