Pangea

tumbles

Obviously have absolutely no idea of what this about but as pangea was a super continent before the tectonic plates shifted and created chunks of land separated by oceans as we now know them, maybe we have a central area that then splits in to separate 'continents' or possibly dance areas. All with their own separate themes and sound systems.

You could have latino dance on the South American continent, drum N bass on the European continent, afrobeat on the African and so on.

It would be super cool to walk around Arcadia and have different DJ's and genres of music to listen to in a relatively small space as long as their isn't much sound-bleed between areas.

I am more than likely totally miles off though

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, rumpola said:

Maybe we have a central area that then splits in to separate 'continents' or possibly dance areas. All with their own separate themes and sound systems.

It would be super cool to walk around Arcadia and have different DJ's and genres of music to listen to in a relatively small space as long as their isn't much sound-bleed between areas.

This.

My group have a tendency when we are in the second corner and also a big legless by then, to find a set somewhere, and stay for maybe 30 mins before we wander off somewhere else. Unless it's a set of someome we waited to see.

Would be bloody perfect for us

On 5/18/2019 at 5:13 AM, Woffy said:

To start from scratch, to have to prove yourself, to take that risk, to have that creativity and determination...to have your ideas / dream / concept come alive (while bringing such pleasure to people and becoming such an iconic part of Glastonbury), well, fucking hell, how amazing is that???!!!

Absolutely! And it's a lovely two fingers to entitlement culture.

"Give us the Spider!"
"Well, how about we start something totally new - together?"

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Absolutely! And it's a lovely two fingers to entitlement culture.

"Give us the Spider!"
"Well, how about we start something totally new - together?"

Reminds me a debate on here a few years with people saying Shangri-La was rubbish, boring and had run its course and should be scrapped and replaced with something new. Also showing an impressive ignorance of the concept of economies of scale.

It could be nothing but ...

>possible spoiler alert< 

Don't read the small print unless you want to. Could be rubbish anyway.

Could have been posted elsewhere on here anyway, haven't checked.

heard thar a dragon's head was spotted so the crane could be the base for a giant fire breathing dragon?

Edited by Sawdusty Surfer
  • Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

>possible spoiler alert< 

heard thar a dragon's head was spotted so the crane could be the base for a giant fire breathing dragon?

As amazing as that sounds, I'll never hear the end of it if it's true as Mrs Doug told me it would be a fire breathing dragon and I said she was daft.......bugger. 

24 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

>possible spoiler alert< 

Dinosaurs would fit the Pangea vibe.